Reporting Line: Supervisor
Number of positions-1
About Project Concern International/India (PCI):
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls.PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will havethe power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improveand activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCIhas maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in thecountry, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helpingto ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment servicesand information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase
of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community based organizations.
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Collect primary data using semi-structured interview schedules from the members/functionaries of community level institutions – Self Help Groups (SHGs), Village Organizations (VOs) and Cluster Level Federations (CLFs) and other
- Provide supportive supervision to Jeevika’s frontline workers and office bearers including Community Mobilizers, Book Keepers and Master Book Keepers in maintaining their daily/monthly registers especially Health Nutrition Sanitation (HNS) registers
- Assume active role in all types of field works geared towards collecting primary data for a variety of purposes including pre-testing of measurement tools, house-listing, and updating records/information necessary for strengthening project management
- Ensure complete adherence to a stipulated protocol developed for data collection, collation and
- Any other relevant support as and when required
Educational Qualification and Work Experience:
- Candidate should have completed at least 10+2. Graduate candidates will be given
- At least have 3 years of work experience in the relevant field (health and nutrition).
- Only women candidates will be required for the position