Position Title: Consultant-Climate Change
Reporting Line: Country Director and CEO
Location: New Delhi
Duration: 20th Jan 2023 – 15th July 2023
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the mission to stay Rooted in community realities and co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems. PCI envisions A happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all. PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in over 14 states, through the support of our donors and partners, we touched the lives of over 15 million people in FY 2022 alone. PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Assignment:
PCI has enormous reach with communities. With the changing environment landscape, we would like to include actions to address climate change while reaching out to communities with our core thematic areas in communicating actions required to address climate change at individual, household level, village, block levels. We believe that we are well-poised to integrate climate across our programs given our capability and would require the support of an experienced technical consultant working in the field of climate change to support our endeavors. Moreover, PCI requires the consultant to perform relevant assessments and identify and detail the scope in our programs and the community outreach to have a climate layering in all the areas of operation. The consultant will also assist in identifying opportunities of creating funding opportunities for PCI to realize its mission with a climate lens.
Scope of Work:
PCI, India seeks services of a technical expert for the following activities:
- Technical Assessment of potential opportunities: Technical expert shall undertake field visit to carryout process, energy and other necessary assessment of the sites. E.g. field visit to understand energy and demand requirement for optimum utilization of solar energy along with solar assessment using PV system.
- Detailed Project Report: Based upon the findings of the above activity and suitable market research technical expert shall prepare a DPR for proposed opportunities. The DPR should comprise complete technical specification of the proposed solutions with financial calculations.
- Give inputs and support in development of pitch documents: Identify opportunities and provide technical insights to produce detailed solutions to be pitched to donors.
- Procurement Support: Technical expert should support PCI, India in related procurement activities. This will include development of Request for Proposal (RFP) document and carrying out technical and financial evaluation of received proposals, as and if required.
- Implementation Support: Technical expert shall provide complete supervision support to PCI, India for implementation of the initiative.
15 years of experience in Climate Change/ Energy sector
Detailed Project Report for sharing with donor along with financial calculations
The consultant will report to the Country Director and CEO, PCI India.
Duration of the Assignment:
12 days spread over a period of 6 months from Jan 20, 2023, to July 20, 2023.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Consultant-Climate Change by 20th January,2023 by 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status