Position Name: State Program Manager
Reporting to: National Manager – Social Mobilization
Number of Positions: 1
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
About Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis and Visceral Leishmaniasis Project:
PCI-India provides technical support to NVBDCP in elimination the two vector borne diseases Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) and Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL). The project is focused on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms and channels like State Rural Livelihoods Missions, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Education, Civil Supply and Front-Line Workers. The project is operational in all 133 LF endemic districts where mass drug administration campaign is going on. For VL elimination program the project will focus on handholding support to the existing government machinery.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic lead to the Social Mobilization (SM) component in LF and VL elimination program
- Engaging Chief Secretary, Secretary Health, MD-NHM and District Magistrates in LF elimination program
- Supervise and guide the Assistant Program Managers
- Coordinate with the government at state level for smooth placement of human resource from NHM prior to MDA campaign
- Help the state in designing and implementing strategy to enhance drug compliance in urban area, among adult male and underserved population.
- Support Government to develop Social Mobilization plan for the state and districts, prior to MDA
- Collaborate and negotiate with the leads of different social mobilization channels at state level to get their support in LF/VL social mobilization.
- Maintain a data base of potential field level staff to be hired for Mass Drug Administration (MDA) Campaign.
- Ensure quality implementation of SM plan for MDA and IRS campaign
- Guide and support the field team District Mobilization Coordinator and Social Mobilization Coordinator prior and during the MDA campaign to deliver quality results
- Facilitate session on Social Mobilization and IPC state training of trainers to build the capacity of state trainers.
- Guide the field team to facilitate for quality training of Drug Administrators (DA), Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) and Active Case Detection (ACD) teams.
- Coordinate with state VBD team for uniform and adequate IEC material for MDA and IRS in the field.
- Develop engagement plan of private service providers for LF and VL elimination.
- Work closely with the state leads of government and partner agencies and provide inputs on social mobilization
- Take part in state task force meeting, steering committee meetings, partners meeting and any other relevant meetings at state and district level
- Pushing agenda social mobilization agenda with the help of partners at state and district forums
- Share regular updates with the MD-NHM, PS-Health and Director/Additional
- Coordinate with LF and VL partners- WHO, CARE, GHS & C-FAR especially for MDA, IRS and ACD.
- Collaborate and negotiate with the leads of different social mobilization channels.
- Undertake joint field visits with Government, WHO and other development partners for regular learning.
Program growth opportunities
- Facilitate growth opportunities for the benefit of the program
- Leverage program and platforms for growth opportunity
Documentation and Research
- Engage actively in any research conducted by the measurement team for the program
- Ensure high level documentation of best practices from field and contribute to knowledge bank of the organization
- Lead report writing for Government/donor and others as appropriate
Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Rural development or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including a minimum three years of state level experience in leading health programs
- Experience of building and nurturing government relationships
- Experience of designing and executing social mobilization program
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of the development sector and critical cross cutting themes such as gender and advocacy
- Possess leadership skill and is decisive, action oriented and adaptable
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work against tight timelines
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Hindi and local language
- Willingness to travel to the field and
- Candidates with prior experience of working in the above states would be preferred
Interested candidates can apply for the position of State Program Manager by clicking on following link: State Program Manager – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 12th March 2023, 5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status