Position Name: Social Mobilization Coordinator
No. of Vacancy: 337
Reporting Line: District Coordinator
Tenure: 2 month (Contractual)
Location: MDA districts of different states (Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh)
About Project Concern International/India (PCI):
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future. PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
About the Project:
Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) is a neglected tropical disease and there is a proven strategy for elimination of this disease through the administration of effective drug combinations at population level for several years.
Lymphatic Filariasis is endemic in India in 328 districts from 20 states and UTs. Despite a proven strategy, elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis in India continues to be a distant goal as efforts are largely focused on improving service delivery without any significant focus on demand generation.
The proposed project mainly lays focus on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms like State Rural Livelihoods Missions (SRLMs), Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs), Front-Line Workers (FLWs), schools, Civil Society Organization (CSO) networks, etc. The project will work in eight high endemic states in India with the dual objectives of increasing demand for drugs and improving compliance at population level through social mobilization.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Mapping of all available potential channels and platforms for social mobilization for LF
- Develop block/urban area level social mobilization plan in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Organize block level orientation of key stakeholders before the MDA rounds.
- Coordinate with the health department to ensure the guideline reaches the Drug Administrators before the MDA days.
- Coordinate and establish linkages with key stakeholders and officials in select platforms and departments at the block level such as Block Program Manager (BPM) – SRLM, Education Officer at block level, block PRI official, block Community Mobiliser (BCM), existing CSOs/FBOs (Faith Based Organizations), etc.
- Coordinate and follow up for supply of IEC materials at the field level.
- Coordinate with block level point persons for operationalizing the social mobilization plan.
- Provide relevant presentation and reading materials for orientation at the block level.
- Supportive supervision visits in field to overview the preparation and implementation of social mobilization activities and provide feedback to the block level stakeholders and officials.
- To support block in organizing training of Drug administrators
- Conduct a session on social mobilization and interpersonal communication during training
- Undertake monitoring during the MDA days.
- Maintain daily Management Information System (MIS)/ reporting.
- Any other responsibility assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
The position of social mobilization coordinator will require extensive field travel. Candidate must have his/her own motor bike and valid driving license.
- Graduate in any stream with a minimum of 3 years’ field experience in Social Mobilization of any public health program.
- At least 2-year experience in supervision and monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of Lymphatic Filariasis and experience of liaising with government officials.
- Good computer, management and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Should be able to speak, read and write Hindi/local language
- Willingness to travel to the field and ability to work against tight timelines.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Social Mobilization Coordinator by using the following link Social Mobilization Coordinator – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 2nd January 2023 latest by 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.