Position Title: Senior Accountant
No of Position: 02
Reporting Line: Assistant Manager – Finance
Location: New Delhi
ABOUT PROJECT CONCERN INTERNATIONAL
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes.
PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 13 states, directly reaching out to more than 7 million lives through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social protection, and emergency response.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial Management and book keeping
- Keeping books of account and managing the day-to-day financial transactions of programs, including timely payments to staff and vendors.
- Preparing all monthly finance reports Budget analysis Statement, Bank reconciliation statements (BRS), advance details, etc.
- Verification and processing of Bills
- Processing of all advance requests for field office recurring each month
- Booking of all daily transaction in PCI India’s Online entry book keeping system (on a routine basis and maintaining other related documents)
- Proper documentation & filling of financial profiles.
- Preparation of vouchers and processing of payments.
- Provide support in the preparation of Financial Statements
- Balance sheet and advance account reconciliation.
- Meeting statutory requirement at operational level such as making entries of PF and TDS etc.
- Helping in preparing documents and statements for income tax authority.
- Complete all the necessary reconciliations and ensure payments happens on time
- Support in reviewing partner’s books of account and preparation of the report
- Efficient Financial Risk Management
- Contribute to Organization Financial Risk Management through
- Support Monthly review of books of accounts as per approved donor budgets and highlight variances on a regular basis.
- Partner Financial Risk Management
- Assist and Travel to partner offices for financial review
- Assist in follow up and coordination with Partners on the action taken report
- Compliance, legal & Audit
- Support in audit preparedness by
- Digitalisation of finance data
- Physical archiving of files
- Retrieval of data (both soft and hard data)
- Support in payroll and statutory compliance by doing the following:
- Coordination for providing the data to the vendor
- Handle Distribution queries related to Form 16A
- Support in timely signatures and timely submission on all copies filed at office
- Support in timely processing of TDS and PF submission, as per GOI timelines
- Team Building
- Work closely with all stakeholders with a service orientation and problem solving approach.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- The candidate be a commerce graduate with 3-4 years of post-qualification experience. Relevant experience in the not-for-profit sector is desirable
- Experience in finance/grants in similar capacity and working in a program management environment with grant and multiple donor management will be an asset
- Broad knowledge of financial accounting and management
- Sound knowledge of Income Tax, GST, PF etc
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of advanced excel functions
- Strong sense of professional commitment and maturity.
- Attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Senior Accountant by using the following link:
Senior Accountant – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 22nd February 2023, 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.