Position Name: Program Manager – Swabhiman
Reporting to: Senior Program Manager – Swabhiman Project
Number of Positions: 1 (one) in each of the below mentioned locations
Location: Bengaluru, Kolkata, and Pune
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
The proposed program aims to identify 15,000 individuals (primarily women) from low-income households in urban slums as well as from rural areas to help them become successful micro-entrepreneurs. The program proposes to elevate these communities towards sustainable livelihoods and socio-economic resilience. Structured as an entrepreneurship development program, these selected individuals would be given a business appreciation and orientation training. The program will provide a comprehensive set of interventions ranging from capacity building training to business coaching and facilitating support services, and forward & backward linkages, over 18 months in phases. This approach will not only drive individual economic opportunity, but also supports in the Government’s mission of promoting sustainable livelihood, well-being, gender equity and augmenting income generation across these communities.
PCI is looking to hire Program Manager to manage and support the project operationalization & implementation at the state level. S/he will be responsible for the delivery of project outcomes, foster partnership with government and other stakeholders, be actively involved in policy advocacy as per the program strategy, and pursue program growth opportunities. S/he will work closely with the identified entrepreneurs and shall get the opportunity to develop innovative strategies for promoting sustainable livelihoods and socio-economic resilience. She/He shall be responsible for the following:
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Project Operationalization & implementation
- Identification of existing and/ or aspiring entrepreneurs from the urban low-income communities, through an objective assessment and selection methodology, with emphasis on increased women participation
- Provide support to states to set up community institutional mechanism and carry out capacity building of SHGs (including but not limited to basic trade skill training, basic business appreciation training, business planning etc.)
- Provide support to states in identifying the existing gaps and challenges for facilitating the successful implementation of the program and Achieve replication and scale-up in a certain number of states.
- Conduct business enterprise visits, business health check data, facilitation of licencing, registration, and taxation.
- Lead project state team and ensure team spirit
- Ensures the highest possible quality of delivery of project components.
- Ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan through the day-to-day planning, management coordination and implementation of activities.
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation of the projects, including regular field visits and the organization of Project Board and Steering Committee meetings and report on project progress and constraints.
- People Leadership & management
- To support the Senior Program Manager – Swabhiman Project to build systems, develop strategies and action plans for nurturing sustainable livelihoods and socioeconomic resilience interventions in India
- Implement and oversee capacity building opportunities and initiatives
- Maintain excellent relationship and meaningful association primarily through and facilitated by the governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Support Donor & Partnership Management
- Improve/establish communication and coordination mechanisms and procedures amongst the various stakeholders.
- Capture learnings, project activities and best practices for dissemination at different online & offline platforms for upkeeping projects visibility.
- Engage actively in all the activities conducted by the measurement team for the project
- Assume accountability for high-level documentation of best practices from the field and contribute to the knowledge bank
- Lead report writing for Government/donor and other relevant stakeholders as and when required
- Documentation & Knowledge Management
- Prepare inception reports, work plans and regular donor progress and impact reports for the project.
- Other responsibilities
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required.
- Provide technical input during development of any new proposal
The ideal candidate shall have a post-graduate degree/ diploma in business management (preferably agri-business management, marketing, financial management or rural management) or entrepreneurship development.
- The ideal candidate shall have substantial experience of working (not below 5 years) with government and international/national donors and expertise in one or more of the following domains:
- Urban and rural livelihoods,
- small and micro enterprise promotion,
- financial inclusion,
- skilling and
- employment generation.
- As project will involve interactions and engagements with multiple state government will dynamically increase hence the candidate should preferably have a deep experience of working as part for the government, with a special focus on managing relations with donors and bureaucracy, writing project reports, budgeting, and cost management.
- Candidates must have excellent written/ verbal communication, people management skills and project management skills.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience with gender approaches and tools
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a highly motivated team
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Sophisticated digital literacy including word processing, database systems, and PowerPoint. Strong command of excel and budget management is a plus.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Program Manager- Swabhiman by clicking on following link:
Program Manager – Swabhiman – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 30th March 2023, 5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status