Position: MLE Specialist
No. of Positions: 1
Reporting Line: State Manager- MLE
About Project Concern International
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future. PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
The Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotions Society, commonly known as JEEViKA, is a stalwart example of a development program that aims to promote financial inclusion. The Society provides more than 10 million women with access to basic financial services such as savings and credit through women’s collectives. The JEEViKA approach is women-oriented and organically embedded within the community. The potential of leveraging JEEViKA’s community platform for improving health and nutrition-related outcomes has been proven in multiple contexts and interventions implemented in the last few years. One of the pioneers in such efforts is JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP). JTSP has contributed in promoting a better quality of life in terms of improved Health, Nutrition and Sanitation (HNS) outcomes among the poorest and most marginalized populations across Bihar. Through its multi-pronged SBCC approach, JTSP has successfully demonstrated the integration of HNS
at scale within the livelihood platform of JEEViKA.
MLE specialist will report to State Manager-MLE and will be responsible for supporting the manager for conceptualizing and designing the research studies. S/he will also be responsible for roll-out of the conceptualized studies, develop tool based on the key program outputs, train CML investigators and supervisors for the data collection.
Key roles and Responsibilities of the Manager-Research and Development:
The MLE Specialist under the supervision of State Manager-MLE will be responsible for following tasks:
- Develop and maintain systems to analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the program with efficient feedback loops.
- Design and manage a process for collection of comprehensive data from different study of projects to provide clear monitoring of progress to achieving goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with the different agencies hired for different studies.
- Monitor data collection processes for quality assurance purposes.
- Travel periodically to the field to check the quality of the monitoring data by seeing the collection process at work and reviewing the key concepts in the indicators
- Ensure that the data collected as part of the program’s M&E strategy is well aligned with the program’s technical parameters
- Coordinate with program implementation and technical experts’ team for ensuring relevant data is collected and analyzed for the purpose of achieving program impact
- Ensure compliance with donor’s evaluation policies when applicable.
- Facilitate a learning environment based on M&E results leading to evidence based programming
- Incorporate learning on an ongoing basis towards improving and updating the MIS.
- To identify training need and provide adequate support in building capacity of district and block-level staff by on-the-job training, classroom trainings and hand-holding.
- To ensure high-level of adherence to the data collection protocol.
- To ensure completion of agreed task of data collection within timeline.
- Ensuring data collection adheres to ethical guidelines, political requirements and organizational values.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master Degree in Social Sciences/Demography/Public Health or other relevant discipline.
- Over 3-5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Public Health Program or Social Research.
- Demonstrated experience of managing large-scale surveys / data collection initiatives in Public Health/Social research.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical package (SPSS/Stata,EPI-Info), other data management packages and software (like, CS Pro), Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Sound understanding of research designing and research methodology
- Proficiency in English – both speaking and writing
- Ability to communicate in Hindi
- High learning agility
- Fair analytical ability
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of MLE Specialist by 10th January,2023 by 5:00 pm by clicking on link: MLE Specialist – PCI India (pciglobal.in)
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
Female candidates are encouraged to apply