Position Title: Finance Officer
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Project Director – Odisha
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Susatainability and Strategic Financial Management Systems
- Support providing a dashboard to the management highlighting costs and ratios thereby advising on productivity metrics and cost inefficiencies.
- Execute accounting systems to ensure.
- Books of accounts are updated on regular and timely basis by handling all activities of the monthly and yearly closures.
- Verification of payment processing for legal and accounting issues, month-end checklist, and timely closures.
- Internal control systems for payments, procurements, and fixed assets management.
- Review and updation of existing financial manual through financial monitoring of the processes.
- Web banking automation and maintaining bank relationships.
- Compliance , legal & Audit
- Ensure audit preparedness by
- Digitalisation of finance data
- Physical archiving by handing over of list of files verification of physical data storage by the vendor
- Retrieval of data (both soft and hard data)
- Ensure payroll and statutory compliance by doing the following:
- Monitoring of timely TDS deduction and deposit & ensure timely filing of quarterly returns of TDS
- Coordination for providing the data to the vendor
- Receiving, distribution, and resolving queries related to form 16A
- Closure of queries
- Signature digitalization
- FCRA return filling
- Ensuring timely signatures and timely submission of returns
- Ensuring timely processing of TDS and PF submission, as per GOI timelines
- Team Building
- Provide support to Line Manager in framing policies, defining/re-defining systems and processes.
- Work closely with all stakeholders with a service orientation and problem solving approach
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- An MBA (Finance) from a reputed institute or post graduate in commerce or CA (Inter). Working knowledge of IT would be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 to 5 years working experience in accounts and finance function.
- Working knowledge of USAID, FCRA, Income tax and other applicable laws.
- Liaison with auditor and statutory authorities.
- Hands on experience of financial reporting to donors.
- Analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong sense of professional commitment and maturity.
- Attention to details and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of computers especially MS Office, Advanced Excel
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Finance officer by clicking on following link: Finance officer – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 25th Jan 2023, 5 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status