Position Name: District Officer-NTD
Reporting to: State Program Manager
Number of Positions: 5
About PCI India:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner, has been working in India since 1998 with the mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision-making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable, and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis and Visceral Leishmaniasis Project:
PCI-India provides technical support to NVBDCP in elimination the two vector borne diseases Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) and Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL). The project is focused on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms and channels like State Rural Livelihoods Missions, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Education, Civil Supply and Front-Line Workers. The project is operational in all 133 LF endemic districts where mass drug administration campaign is going on. For VL elimination program the project will focus on handholding support to the existing government machinery.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the State Program Manager to operationalize Social Mobilization (SM) component in LF elimination program.
- Coordinate with District authorities (District Magistrate, Chief District Medical Officer, District Public Health Officer, ADPHO etc.)
- Prepare District level directory of leading University, Social work dept, Colleges having NCC, NSS and Scouts and guides.
- Assist State Program Manager to develop sensitization plan for other development dept like PRI, Education, State rural livelihood mission, Civil supply and Local NGOs.
- Coordinate with authorities of District Vector Borne Disease Control Programme.
- Support District administration and VBD officials to develop Social Mobilization plan for the district prior to MDA and MMDP
- Communicating with stakeholders such as Municipal Commissioner, Executive officers, BDO, Ward Parshad, IMA, IAP regarding project needs and goals
- Supporting and coordination with the local Media for MDA and MMDP activities
- Identify local level partners, support, and facilitate the partnership in the implementation of planned activities for LF elimination
- Engage CSR to get HR, IEC Support or any other such support for LF elimination.
- Assist State Program Manager to designing and developing State Social Mobilization Plan and IEC materials.
- Maintain a data base of potential field level staff to be hired for Mass Drug Administration (MDA) Campaign.
- Ensure quality implementation of Social Mobilization plan for MDA and MMDP
- Facilitate session on Social Mobilization and IPC district training of trainers to build the capacity of district trainers. Support block level trainings
- Guide the field team to facilitate for quality training of Drug Administrators (DA) and MMDP activities.
- Coordinate with district VBD team for uniform and adequate IEC material for MDA and MMDP in the field.
- Work closely with the district leads of government and partner agencies and provide inputs on social mobilization
- Take part in District health Society meeting, District task force meeting, partners meeting and any other relevant meetings at district level
- Share regular updates with the Additional director health & FW, CMO and district VBD Staff.
- Coordinate with LF partners for MDA and MMDP
- Collaborate and negotiate with the leads of different social mobilization channels.
- Undertake joint field visits with Government, WHO and other development partners for regular learning.
Education Qualification/Required Skills Experience
- Post Graduate degree in Public Health, Rural development, or any other relevant fields
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including a minimum 2 years of district level experience in leading health programs
- Experience of building and nurturing government relationships
- Experience of designing and executing social mobilization program
- Experience in implementation of public health/ community-based project
- Experienced in data management, team management, stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication skills and networking with ability to foster long term relationship.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of the development sector and critical cross cutting themes such as gender and advocacy
- Possess leadership skill and is decisive, action oriented and adaptable
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work against tight timelines
- Excellent knowledge of MS office
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Hindi and local language
- Willingness to travel to the field
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of District Officer-NTD by 3rd March 2023, 5:00 pm by using the following link:
“Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. PCI reserves the sole right to alter/modify/cancel the entire selection process or the position or the vacancy or to disqualify any candidature at any stage of the selection process”
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider. Due to heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted