Position Title: District Coordinator cum Counsellor (DCC)
Project: Gender Transformative Model (GTM)
No. of Positions: 2
Reporting Line: Program Manager
Location 1: Ganjam (Base Chhatrapur) and
Location 2: Sambalpur (Base), Bolangir & Angul
About Project Concern International:
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes.
PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 13 states through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social protection, and emergency response.
Please visit our website to learn more about our values, mission, vision and our work in India.
About the Project:
PCI has been engaged by a leading international philanthropy to provide TA in Odisha that seeks to achieve the integration of gender with the programming of Odisha SRLM in selected blocks of 20 districts. The thrust area is to address gender inequalities by focusing on: a) Ensuring freedom of women from discrimination, atrocities and violence, b) Ensuring women’s access to their social protection, rights, and entitlements, c) Strengthening the identity of women and women-led community-based institutions and d) Creating Institutions of Women for Sustaining Change. PCI currently has a state team based in Bhubaneshwar, Odisha and field team of 12 DCCs providing support in 20 districts of Odisha.
PCI seeks to appoint a District Coordinator cum Counsellors (DCCs) – The DCCs will work in close association with the concerned District Mission Management Unit (DMMU) & Block Mission Management Unit (BMMU) of OLM and extend all support as per the requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This District Coordinator cum Counsellor (DCC) position is open for women candidates only. The DCCs will be based at respective base location (Chhatrapur – District Head Quarter of Ganjam and Sambalpur) and will be responsible for all gender related interventions in the assigned districts operations as mentioned below:
- Develop monthly district/block/GPLF plan to achieve the targeted interventions of the project.
- Provide handholding support to Gender CRPs, GPPs, CRP-CMs, MBKS in her assigned districts in achieving the targeted interventions as planned in the AAP.
- Coordinate and guide the Gender CRPs in providing counselling to the women in distress, linking them with Government and other institutions for accessing their rights and entitlements.
- Provide Supportive supervision to Gender CRP on reporting and documentation.
- Liaison with assigned DMMU, BMMU, state GTM team and other related departments for better convergence.
- Extend support to community carders for strengthening SAC and GFMs at CLF and GPLF level.
- Accountable for capacity building of cadres for roll out of GSLP, conducting GFM, community events and its reporting & documentation.
- Use different procedures such as case study, mental status examination, behaviour therapy, positive reinforcement etc. to support the survivors of atrocities, discrimination, and violence.
- Prepare MPRs, reports and documents, to highlight project’s progress as per the requirement.
- Participation in review and planning meeting of SWAYAM and DMMU from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by DPM and SWAYAM Project.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies:
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work / Social Science / Rural development, or any other relevant fields.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience of working in Social Sector
- Experience in Counselling
- Effective English & Odia communication skills (Both written and oral)
- Experience of working with State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) or National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- Knowledge of Self-help Groups and Community based institutions
- Familiarity with Government Schemes and Entitlements
Skills and Competencies
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English & Odia.
- Good skills in operating computers and MS Office package
- Creative skills and ability in planning and implementation of program
- Team player with the ability to multi-task and meet established timelines
- Willingness to travel to assigned Gram Panchayats in remote rural locations
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of District Coordinator cum Counsellor (DCC) on following link District Coordinator cum Counsellor – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 15th February 2023, 5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.