Position Name: Digital Engagement Officer
Reporting to: Communication Lead
Number of Positions: 1
Location: New Delhi
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
We are looking for a talented candidate to support PCI India’s digital engagement. Reporting to the Manager-Communications, as Digital Engagement Officer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing digital engagement strategies that engage and grow our audience and promote our brand. The candidate would also be responsible for creating and managing an analytics dashboard to monitor and track the results of digital engagement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Digital Engagement and Content Development
- Develop and implement digital engagement strategies that align with our organizational goals and brand identity
- Create, edit and publish engaging, accurate and informative digital content (e.g. social media posts, videos, images, infographics, blogs, newsletters) that advances our objectives and resonates with our target audiences.
Social Media Engagement
- Manage social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Developing, implementing, and managing a social media calendar, including a schedule for use of evergreen content.
- Researching and maintaining lists of relevant influencers, funders, partners, policy makers and high-impact hashtags.
- Tracking and assessing social media metrics (e.g. engagement rates, reach, conversion rates), insights, and best practices to help us continuously improve our reach and engagement with key audiences and create weekly shareable reports.
- Collaborate with different PCI verticals and partners to ensure digital engagement efforts are aligned with overall organizational goals and well planned and executed with desired impact.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media/digital trends, tools, and platforms and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a Listening and Response process and implement the same
- Write short-form and long-form content on the themes of organizational interest
- Training and building capacity of PCI staff on social media usage and best practices and focus on positioning PCI’s leadership and their expertise digitally.
Digital Outreach and other communication support
- Manage PCI’s website and build its online presence through development and publishing of compelling content and integration of SEO best practices.
- Liase with website development agency to ensure uptime and updates of the website as needed.
- Identify, build, organise and maintain a mailing list of key audiences
- Supporting the build out of relevant newsletters for our target audiences
- Supporting strategic engagement with our mailing list, including updating and maintaining the segmentation of our audience lists, and developing, formatting and scheduling mailers
- Tracking and assessing mailing metrics and best practices to help us continuously improve our reach and engagement with key audiences
- Lead on and support with ideation, planning, curation and execution of online events (webinars, workshops, conferences etc)
- Support with planning of digital outreach for offline project events, workshops, conferences etc
- Providing additional communications support as required
- Any other work as assigned and needed
- At least 2 years of experience in social media marketing or digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or a related field
- Proven work experience in managing social media and digital outreach through newsletters, webinars and websites
- Ability to understand the pulse of digital audiences and what will resonate with them.
- Ability to sort through masses of information and determine what content is relevant, important, interesting and effective digitally.
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and their respective audiences (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience with using of social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social)
- Experience with analysing social media analytics (e.g. Facebook Ads Manager, Google Analytics)
- Experience with content creation software (e.g. Canva, Adobe Suite)
- Experience with using website content management systems like WordPress, SEO best practices, analysing Google Analytics and developing Google Ads. Knowledge of HTML/CSS a bonus
- Experience of using newsletter/mass mailing management services like Mail Chimp etc. and analyzing their metrics.
- Versatile writer who strongly believes in the influencing power of stories. Adept at writing succinct, clear, and compelling prose. Have strong writing and editing skills in English. Similar skills in Hindi or any other regional Indian language will be a bonus.
- A self-starter, adaptable and able to work as part of a cross cutting and multi-cultural team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, short deadline environment
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box
- Good eye for design and ability to coordinate with different teams to produce the desired end result
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Open to travel to project sites across India if required.
If you are a creative thinker with a passion for digital media, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Digital Engagement Officer by clicking on following link: Digital Engagement Officer – PCI India (pciglobal.in)by 15th March 2023, 5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status