Terms of Reference
Name of the Position: Capacity Building Expert/Specialist- Health, Nutrition & Livelihood
Reporting to: Sr Manager Strategy Design and Program Analytic
Duration: 6 months
About PCI India:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner, has been working in India since 1998 with the mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable, and hard to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come
PCI is looking for a short-term expert/specialist to lead technical inputs, prepare strategic documents and contribute towards capacitating team members on health, nutrition and livelihoods for various projects on stated vertical. The expert will design and implement capacity-building plans for a wide variety of team members, stakeholders, including central, departmental, and district (as well as block level government actors. Capacity-building content will vary between actors, but in all cases will support the strengthening of abilities of all program actors to accelerate the expansion and sustainability of health, nutrition, and livelihoods projects.
Period of Performance
1st March’ 23 to 31st Aug 2023
Main Responsibilities and Expected Deliverables
- Facilitate needs assessment, identify priorities, develop of capacity improvement plans that increase organizational readiness and improve service delivery for team members and other actors engaged in health, nutrition, and livelihoods activities.
- Coordinate, ensure, track, and monitor targeted technical support to partners in alignment with capacity improvement plans, including identifying training opportunities and technical expertise, resources and activities that support the delivery of high-quality capacity building services.
- Develop and design capacity-building plans, activities, and training materials. These needs to be tailored according to program actors based on their specific needs and objectives, which may include, among others:
- Team members
- Government actors at the central, departmental, state, district, and block level.
- Local implementing partner NGOs.
- Private sector.
- Work in close coordination with the various government departments
- Coordinate with partners, project leads and donor for project coordination and reporting.
- Travel to project states for monitoring, provide technical inputs and conducting capacity building exercises for team members and other actors.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with all project partners and stakeholders.
- Support in development of annual work plans, progress reports, and other required deliverables
- 6-7 years of work experience in health, nutrition, and livelihoods.
- Master’s degree in related field (Management, Rural Development, Social Work Development/Development Studies, Community Organisations and Development will be preferred).
- Possess technical expertise in capacity building (experience with development sectors preferred especially health, nutrition, and livelihoods)
- Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings and workshops, and with training-of-trainer (ToT) methodologies.
- Experience in assessing organizational capacity and providing capacity-building activities.
- Professional experience, with progressively increasing responsibilities and duties in the areas of workforce development, organizational development, vocational training, management development training etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to participatory, strength-/asset-based and partnership-based capacity strengthening approaches and methodologies.
- Evidence of strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, to fulfil the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, in addition to local spoken language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a complex environment.
- Well versed and connected to the development sectors in India.
- Prior experience of working on development issues
- Demonstrated experience of engaging with national and international doners
- Willingness to travel to and in India as needed.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent initiatives all within schedule.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities. Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player.
Responsibilities of PCI
- The consultancy shall be managed by the Reporting Officer
- PCI shall arrange a debriefing meeting about the project/s and facilitate the mutually agreed upon processes to be followed for the successful delivery of the products.
- PCI shall review the status of the deliverables in line with the timeline, provide necessary guidance and information for smooth delivery of the products.
- PCI will facilitate the travel and accommodation (if required) during the process.
Quotations should be structured as follows and provide complete details as indicated.
- Brief profile of the expert/specialist (not exceeding 2 pages)
- Sample(s)/experience certificate(s) of similar work-done (attach it along with the Brief profile while uploading)
- Consultancy charges
Interested candidates can apply for the Position by using the following link:
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.