Position: Assistant Manager – IT
Reporting Line: Manager -Operations and IT
Location: New Delhi
No. of Positions: 01
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India
Assistant Manager – IT will be responsible for managing the IT structure of PCI along with creating new maximizing awareness and understanding of the organization’s work. He will be also responsible for coordinating, planning, and leading computer-related activities in PCI. It also includes determining the IT needs of an organization and is responsible for implementing computer systems to fulfill the organization’s information systems requirements.
Assistant Manager – IT will provide PCI with information technology support to optimize operational efficiency. The responsibility includes resolving technical issues, maintaining hardware and software installations, and improving IT systems.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Communicate regularly with the team to ensure that the Country Office is in compliance with PCI IT regulations and best practices.
- In consultation with IT Consultant to develop a schedule for key activities and reviews.
- Maintain system and configuration change documentation.
- Follow PCI IT Service and Change Management processes.
- Maintain inventory and assets of office IT hardware and software.
- Prepare, document, and communicate system status reports with Management.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes. Special attention to be provided for prevention of Ransomware attacks.
- Review application logs
- Handle Server Virtualization and ensure optimized utilization of inventory
- Ensure scalable and effective cloud computing solutions.
- Ensure Network Attached Storage for authorized network users.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Institute and maintain rigorous and regular back up system for all computers in the office ensuring that all computers are always backed up.
- Implement disaster recovery in alignment with PCI business needs, process and procedures. Internet
- Manage the relationship with the internet service provider and ensure high-quality internet connectivity.
- Troubleshoot internet connectivity.
- User Support
- Lead and oversee IT support team.
- Ensure each laptop/desktop & all other IT hardware and systems are fully operational with latest systems security / anti-virus updates across all branches in India including New Delhi central office.
- Provide IT support to staff.
- Visit State offices to provide IT related support as, and when, required.
- Provide IT related technical support, whenever required, for PCI conferences/ workshop/ trainings/ seminars etc.
- Provide complete Network software installation and maintenance support. This includes installing and configuring the internet base network according to standard configuration and maintaining/ administering the systems for all offices across India.
- Maintain network equipment including all switches, wireless access points, firewalls.
- Monitor and run network diagnostics to ensure that the network is running smoothly.
- Maintain network devices including printers and All-in-One Copiers.
- Configure and maintain servers in a virtualized environment.
- Maintain and regularly test power backup systems.
- Remote support to India branch offices.
- IT Security
- Setup, configure, monitor and manage systems required to implement and support the PCI’s security policies.
- Monitor IT systems to maintain security and report incidents, per ISTS process and procedures.
Conduct IT user awareness security training to PCI India staff, per ISTS IT security program.
- Ensure efficient port management and safety of servers exposed through public Ips
- IT Equipment
- Monitor and lead procurement of all technology equipment.
- Keep up to date with trends and modernize enabling technology in all PCI India offices.
- IT Knowledge Sharing and Collaboration
- Collaborate and communicate with Global IT team.
- Conduct Knowledge Sharing activities with India and Global IT team. Management, Supervision, and Administration.
- Manage activities of India IT team.
- Interact with IT vendors to provide best prices and support for all IT services and equipment.
- Plan for major developments of IT services in alignment with business needs and HQ IT processes and procedures.
- Ensure new systems are aligned with IT and business plans and strategies.
- Manage IT system implementation projects in the offices.
- Manage internal & external support arrangements required to deliver effective IT services.
- Maintain and communicate IT policies.
- Oversee maintenance of records for IT assets, inventory, software license and support and maintenance contracts, as applicable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and to effectively communicate with staff at all levels including a proven ability to communicate with technical and non – technical staff across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully configure network devices in a global enterprise production
Sound knowledge of: cabling and wiring standards, network technologies such as DHCP, DNS, and PPP, wireless technologies, network protocols & LAN/WAN topologies (includes Ethernet, Remote Access, TCP/IP – VPN Routing Protocols, Router configuration).
- Sound knowledge of all types of IT ecosystems, including windows, mac etc.
- Sound knowledge of Server Virtualization
- Proficiency in handling Cloud platforms and efficient management of ports.
- Experience of managing NAS.
- Sound knowledge of cloud and enterprise on prem server systems and network of vendors.
- Demonstrated ability in determining priorities and implementing network improvements/solutions appropriate for the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write and converse in English and Hindi.
- Service Oriented, organized, cooperative, trustworthy, flexible and dependable.
- Ability to take initiative to anticipate and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to multitask and work in a multi-cultural team.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology or a related discipline along with post- graduate qualification in ICT Management (e.g. Masters, Project Management etc.) from recognized University/ Institute.
- Minimum 10 years of advanced skills in network implementation and 5 years’ experience supervising and managing an IT team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in handling cloud computing platforms (AWS/Azure etc)
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Assistant Manager – IT by 28th September 2022 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.