Position Name: State Consultant-MP
Reporting to: Associate Director Social Mobilization
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Madhya Pradesh
ABOUT PROJECT CONCERN INTERNATIONAL (PCI)
Founded in 1961, the mission of Project Concern International is to Enhance Health, End Hunger, Overcoming Hardship, And, Elevate Her. Currently operating in 14 countries worldwide, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies that effectively leverage and strengthen community groups and structures, particularly those consisting of women and other marginalized populations, as a key approach to improving a broad range of integrated health and development outcomes. With high-end in-house capacity to collect, analyze and generate great quality evidence on a concurrent basis, PCI develops scalable replicable models with high potential for impact and transformative change.
Project Concern International/India (PCI) has been working in India since 1998. Over these several decades, PCI has maintained a diversified portfolio, working in rural and urban settings in the areas of health, nutrition and community development with programs focusing on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations in close partnership with national and state governments and civil society organizations. Currently, PCI/India programs are spread across 15 states and 2 union territories, including – Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, and Lakshadweep.
About the Project: Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis and Visceral Leishmaniasis Project:
PCI-India provides technical support to NVBDCP in elimination the two vector borne diseases Lymphatic Filariasis (LF) and Visceral Leishmaniasis (VL). The project is focused on demand generation through social mobilization efforts leveraging several existing platforms and channels like State Rural Livelihoods Missions, Panchayati Raj Institutions, Education, Civil Supply and Front-Line Workers. The project is operational in all 133 LF endemic districts where mass drug administration campaign is going on. For VL elimination program the project will focus on handholding support to the existing government machinery.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic lead to the Social Mobilization (SM) component in LF elimination program
- Engaging Chief Secretary, Secretary Health, MD-NHM and District Magistrates in LF elimination program
- Supervise and guide the Assistant Program Managers
- Coordinate with the government at state level for smooth placement of human resource from NHM prior to MDA campaign
- Help the state in designing and implementing strategy to enhance drug compliance in urban area, among adult male and underserved population.
- Support Government to develop Social Mobilization plan for the state and districts, prior to MDA
- Collaborate and negotiate with the leads of different social mobilization channels at state level to get their support in LF/VL social mobilization.
- Maintain a data base of potential field level staff to be hired for Mass Drug Administration (MDA) Campaign.
- Ensure quality implementation of SM plan for MDA and IRS campaign
- Guide and support the field team District Mobilization Coordinator and Social Mobilization Coordinator prior and during the MDA campaign to deliver quality results
- Facilitate session on Social Mobilization and IPC state training of trainers to build the capacity of state trainers.
- Guide the field team to facilitate for quality training of Drug Administrators (DA), Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) and Active Case Detection (ACD) teams.
- Coordinate with state VBD team for uniform and adequate IEC material for MDA and IRS in the field.
- Develop engagement plan of private service providers for LF and VL elimination.
- Work closely with the state leads of government and partner agencies and provide inputs on social mobilization
- Take part in state task force meeting, steering committee meetings, partners meeting and any other relevant meetings at state and district level
- Pushing agenda social mobilization agenda with the help of partners at state and district forums
- Share regular updates with the MD-NHM, PS-Health and Director/Additional
- Coordinate with LF and VL partners- WHO, CARE, GHS & C-FAR especially for MDA, IRS and ACD.
- Collaborate and negotiate with the leads of different social mobilization channels.
- Undertake joint field visits with Government, WHO and other development partners for regular learning.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of State Consultant-MP by 15th January,2023 by clicking on following link: https://pciglobal.in/jobs/State-consultant-mp/ PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.