Position Name: Project Officer
Position Reports to: National Program Manager – WEE
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: New Delhi
No. of Positions: 1
About the Organization:
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes.
PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 15 states, directly reaching out to more than 15 million lives through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social & environmental protection.
Please visit our website to learn more about our values, mission, vision and our work in India
About the Project:
The Cloud Kitchen Project is a unique project of urban poverty reduction through development of micro-enterprise value chains in food services by Micro and Small Enterprise (MSE) formation and collectivization, capacity building trainings, stakeholder engagement, market feasibility analysis and strategies, infrastructure, distribution and supply chain setting up and on-going technical assistance such as business support, loan facilitation, operational efficiency, certification, digitization, market promotion and market linkages to the women’s units in respective target urban/ peri-urban areas of NCR/ Bangalore/ Hyderabad.
The projects aims at setting up 25 to 30 women owned and operated cloud kitchens (Didi’s Mealbox – DMB) across Delhi/NCR, Bengaluru and Hyderabad.
PCI is seeking to hire a Project Officer to manage and support project implementation and coordination. S/he will be responsible for the delivery of project outcomes, foster partnership with government and other stakeholders, form potential partnerships for the cloud kitchens, anchor project’s communication strategy, support project M&E and pursue program growth opportunities. S/he will work under close supervision of National Program Manager – WEE and support in overall project implementation, management, and its documentation.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Implementation Support:
- Support the National Program Manager and city leads in implementing the project.
- Anchor the Didi’s Mealbox (Cloud Kitchens) apex body functions such as coordination with all kitchens, establishing forward and backward linkages, DMB promotion, DMB compliances, pricing, strategy etc.
- Identify potential partnerships with private institutions to market the cloud kitchen products.
- Manage stakeholder relationship with government and private stakeholders
- Identify government schemes that can be leveraged for the kitchens.
- Coordinate with the City Leads and procurement team at PCI to ensure timely and smooth procurement’s in the project.
- Conduct trainings of city teams and cloud kitchens as and when needed.
Documentation and Communication:
- Capture learnings, project activities, processes and best practices for dissemination at different online & offline platforms.
- Documentation of best practices and case studies from the field.
- Create a social media strategy for DMB and enhance the presence of DMB by creating and posting regular social media content.
- Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports, prepare project presentations and reports for government, donors, partners and relevant stakeholders.
- Write innovative proposals for new opportunities in the domain of Women Economic Empowerment
- Create a knowledge bank of all Cloud kitchen resources
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Create user friendly MIS systems and dashboards to monitor project activities.
- Conduct qualitative interviews to capture field learnings and best practices.
- Coordinate with the MLE team at PCI and partner agencies to conduct evaluation of the cloud kitchen project.
- Analyse and present MIS and evaluation data for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Support the National Program Manager with data for weekly/monthly project reviews
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in business administration/social sciences/project management or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of previous work experience in project coordination, program management, consulting, or community development, particularly within livelihood or employment-focused initiatives.
- Excellent power point presentation and proposal writing skills.
- Proficiency in basic data management skills in MS Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Proactive problem-solving abilities and a results-driven mindset.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.