Position Title: Project Officer – SBC and Digital Interventions
No. of Positions: 01
Reporting Line: Director Social and Behavior Change Communication
Dotted Line: Chief of Party Bihar
About the Project:
Through JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP), PCI is working with the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (BRLPS) to provide technical assistance to JEEViKA – one of the largest community platforms globally. JEEViKA has more than 900,000 women’s Self Help Groups (SHGs) with around 92 million women as direct members. The program has demonstrated more than two-fold increase in dietary diversity in child feeding – a ‘sticky indicator’ not known to have moved as much in response to any other intervention at scale in India.
In its journey over the last 10 years, the JTSP program has relied largely on the use of static SBC material in shape of flip-books to narrate the stories to the SHG members and their families, and collaterals in shape of game cards, handouts, posters and similar print material to engage the audience. The program has developed very strong training component to orient the community cadres consisting of Community Mobilizers (CMs), Master Resource Persons (MRP), Community Nutrition Resource Persons (CNRP), Community Resource Persons (CRP), and Village Resource Persons (VRP) for using the static SBC material to trigger discussions and follow-up activities among the community members. However, going forward, there is an imminent need to digitize the program interventions to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and reach as the program burgeons to saturate its coverage to almost the entire rural Bihar.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To help the project implement the planned strategy of using the 4E (Edutainment, Engage, Empower and Equip) approach in the next phase of JTSP program, the project needs a young and energetic professional for the following key tasks and deliverables:
- Coordinating closely with the JEEViKA, JTSP and the SBCC teams to develop a roll-out and dissemination plan for the SBCC and Digital content being created for the current phase of JTSP program,
- Coordinating closely with external stakeholders like Meta (Facebook & WhatsApp), Google, Gramvani/Mobilevani and Community Radio stations to provide inputs for content development, content calendar and events/activity calendar aligned with the SBCC and Digital content roll-out,
- Planning and conducting pilots, as required, for audience testing to refine and improve the effectiveness of the SBCC and Digital content being created for the project,
- Coordinating closely with the project CML team to monitor and evaluate the SBCC and Digital content, and reviewing the monitoring trend data with the senior project team,
- Working closely with the JEEViKA, JTSP and the SBCC teams to develop a play-book/ SOP/Operating Manual for JEEViKA’s community cadres for proper implementation of JTSP’s SBC and Digital strategy,
- Working closely with the JTSP and CML teams to identify specific behavioural and socio-cultural barriers to address for the project’s FNH+ themes, and providing clear inputs to the creative team/agency for developing the SBCC and Digital content to address those barriers,
- Working closely with the JEEViKA, JTSP and the SBCC teams to develop a plan for the transfer of the SBCC and Digital assets to JEEViKA, including a capacity development plan for JEEViKA’s Communications team, and
- Any other tasks assigned by Director – SBCC to strengthen the project’s SBCC and Digital activity portfolio.
- A graduate degree in any discipline from a reputed institute. A postgraduate or higher qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Work experience of 2-3 years in the areas of SBCC development/human centred design/project monitoring.
- Experience of implementing project action plans, coordinating with multiple stakeholders and reporting progress of the project activities to senior project management.
- Good understanding of social development issues related to maternal and child health, nutrition, family planning, gender empowerment and poverty reduction.
- Good understanding of social and behaviour change communications.
- Understanding of digital and social media, and their effective use for SBC.
- Good understanding of the digital ecosystem in Bihar, the key players and influencers, emerging trends in the digital ecosystem and the growth trends from the state’s policy perspective.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders like social & media organizations, professional agencies and the ability to leverage them as necessary for disseminating SBC and digital collaterals for the project.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Project Officer – SBC and Digital Interventions by 19thApril 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.