Position Title: Program Officer
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Lead, Strategic Partnerships & Systems
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
Investing in girls during the critical window of adolescence benefits the girls and can yield dividends for the education and health of their future families and enable them to make meaningful contributions to their communities and society at large. However, Bihar observes significant percentage in early marriage of adolescent girls and school dropouts, because of which their potential to grow into an independent individual in future remains a threat. Considering the critical needs of adolescents and to support them in preparing themselves to be able to face the new challenges and create opportunities, PCI is partnering with UNICEF for enabling & imparting Adolescents’ life skill education to help in their overall development; become lifelong learners, secure productive work, to make informed decisions and to positively engage with their communities. The project further aims to collaborate with Education Department, Women and Child Development Corporation (WCDC), Bihar Mahad alit Vikas Mission, and similar stakeholders for encompassing educational, social & vulnerable issues through multidimensional community touchpoints.
The program through its concerted efforts aims to create a pool of resources persons across different government & civil society organizations, working for the mutual cause of empowering adolescent girls. As an integral approach of the program creating contextualised manuals for capacity building of resource pool to facilitate standardised training down the line, is essential. Thus, program envisions to build an enabling ecosystem that equips adolescents with life skills and knowledge to help maintain happy and healthy lifestyles and be empowered with the confidence to assert their rights and protect themselves in a safe and fun learning environment.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program officer is expected to support the Adolescent Empowerment program in developing project strategies, capacity building products, action plans, evaluation tools, budgeting and in designing of training frameworks. S/he will be responsible for day-to-day coordination across different verticals of PCI for ensuring smooth implementation of the project. S/he will be responsible for supporting the program manager contextualising manuals & resources assessing the trainees requirements. S/he will coordinate with the donors, as per the requirement, under the close supervision of Program Manager to effectively develop reports for different stakeholders. S/he will also support the Lead in providing regular reports to different stakeholders as and when required.
Support in Project Operations & Management
- Support the team in developing contextualised manuals, resources for pool of trainers.
- Support in developing adolescent life skills & parent engagement training manual.
- Support in the design and structuring of all major knowledge products (including research reports, situation analyses, instructional playbooks, Lessons Learnt Documents, workshop reports, etc.)
- Oversee & support timely training of all resource personnel & master trainers nominated under the project by each stakeholder.
- Support in determining the key indicators of progress and impact of the project, data to be captured through the MIS and analyses to be carried out.
- Support the CML team in conducting the project measurement studies as per the requirements.
- Support in capturing best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning
- Support in developing the QAS along with the MIS dashboard for continuous project monitoring & assessment.
- Support in optimizing project operations, partnership management & donor relations in close coordination with Program Manager.
- Support the team in developing the projects calendar for adhering to the timelines.
Support in reporting & documentation
- Support in finalising any captured learnings, project activities and best practices for dissemination at different online & offline platforms for upkeeping projects visibility.
- Work closely with PCI team members, to produce knowledge and learning products for knowledge sharing, aiming to communicate with government, donor, partners, development agencies and civil society
- Preparing meeting notes, draft articles, speeches, briefings, presentations, reports, documents and collated information as and when required.
Support in Stakeholder and Partnership Management
- Support the strategic interface with the key government stakeholders & personnel of the project.
- Support program manager in partnerships management by required report & meeting preparations.
- Engage in liaisoning with project stakeholders as and when required.
- Ensure excellent communication and good working relationship with Government stakeholder’s, UNICEF & other key players at the state level including other NGOs and civil society organizations.
Donor management and compliance
- Assume accountability for submitting the progress reports to and attend briefing meetings and discussions with the donor representatives under the supervision of Lead-Strategic Partnerships & Systems.
- Support the donor-facing presentation and high-level dissemination of all final products.
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
The ideal candidate shall have a post-graduate degree/ diploma in management (preferably rural management/social work/women studies) from premier institutes.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 3 years of experience of working in developmental projects with sound knowledge of women & adolescent empowerment programs.
- The ideal candidate should have an experience in managing relations with donors/partners & writing project reports.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of developing manuals & training frameworks.
- Excellent oral and written command in English
- Good analytical skills and eye for detail.
- Possessing training & capacity building skills would be an advantage
- Highly professional with sense of accountability problem solving attitude and quick learner
- Sound knowledge of database systems, and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Program Officer by clicking on following link: Program Officer – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 13th Feb 2023, 5 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status