Position Title: Program Manager
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Lead, Strategic Partnerships & Systems
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
Investing in girls during the critical window of adolescence benefits the girls and can yield dividends for the education and health of their future families and enable them to make meaningful contributions to their communities and society at large. However, Bihar observes significant percentage in early marriage of adolescent girls and school dropouts, because of which their potential to grow into an independent individual in future remains a threat. Considering the critical needs of adolescents and to support them in preparing themselves to be able to face the new challenges and create opportunities, PCI is partnering with UNICEF for enabling & imparting Adolescents’ life skill education to help in their overall development; become lifelong learners, secure productive work, to make informed decisions and to positively engage with their communities. The project further aims to collaborate with Education Department, Women and Child Development Corporation (WCDC), Bihar Mahad alit Vikas Mission, and similar stakeholders for encompassing educational, social & vulnerable issues through multidimensional community touchpoints.
The program through its concerted efforts aims to create a pool of resources persons across different government & civil society organizations, working for the mutual cause of empowering adolescent girls. As an integral approach of the program creating contextualised manuals for capacity building of resource pool to facilitate standardised training down the line, is essential. Thus, program envisions to build an enabling ecosystem that equips adolescents with life skills and knowledge to help maintain happy and healthy lifestyles and be empowered with the confidence to assert their rights and protect themselves in a safe and fun learning environment.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Manager shall head a team of Master Trainers (6) posted in Patna. The lead along with their team, shall be responsible for the following:
- Developing contextualised manuals, resources, and ready reckoners to help trainers follow a standardized method of curriculum delivery.
- Developing Adolescent life skills (ALS) & parents engagement training manuals.
- Training a pool of training resource personnel & master trainers, who will transact the ALS & parents enragements modules to the next level effectively.
- Developing & establishing Quality Assessment systems(QAS) and MIS for systems strengthening of the project
- Government & Donor interfacing for completing project deliverables and reaching project goals.
Strategic Project Management
- Steer & develop contextualised manuals, resources for pool of trainers.
- Lead in developing adolescent life skills & parent engagement training manual.
- Lead the design and structuring of all major knowledge products (including research reports, situation analyses, instructional playbooks, Lessons Learnt Documents, workshop reports, etc.)
- Oversee & conduct timely training of all resource personnel & master trainers nominated under the project by each stakeholder
- Discuss and determine the key indicators of progress and impact of the project, data to be captured through the MIS and analyses to be carried out.
- Support the CML team in conducting the project measurement studies as per the requirements.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning
- Report any major or unforeseen roadblocks to senior management of PCI India to ensure that the project stays on course
- Steer in developing the QAS along with the MIS dashboard in consultation with the government partners for continuous project monitoring & assessment.
- Work closely with program support team to ensure judicious use of project resources in compliance with organizational policies, along with proper management of project grant.
- Lead in managing and optimizing project operations, partnership management, contract management in close coordination with Lead-Strategic partnerships & Systems.
- Lead the team in developing the projects calendar & adhering to the timelines.
Stakeholder and Partnership Management
- Lead strategic interface with the key government stakeholders & personnel of the project.
- Maintain excellent relationship and meaningful association primarily through and facilitated by the governmental and non-governmental organizations and ensuring that the technical support provided by PCI team is valued by them and the project creates an enabling environment for its sustainability.
- Maintain and manage the channels of communication with the leadership teams of PCI.
- Ensure excellent communication and good working relationship with Government stakeholder’s, UNICEF & other key players at the state level including other NGOs and civil society organizations.
Donor management and compliance
- Submit the progress reports to and attend briefing meetings and discussions with the donor representatives under the supervision of Lead-Strategic Partnerships & Systems.
- Assume accountability for the quality and timely completion of final deliverables.
- Lead the donor-facing presentation and high-level dissemination of all final products.
- To appraise performance and achievement of objectives of all members of their team in a regular frequency, advisably more frequent than annually.
- To ensure high motivation level among team members and promoting their urge to constantly increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Plan, prioritize and monitor the activities of the team on a regular basis
- To carry out any other relevant duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
The ideal candidate shall have a post-graduate degree/ diploma in management (preferably rural management) or masters in gender/women studies pertaining to their empowerment & holistic development from premier institutes.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 8 years of experience in working with government and international donors and expertise in gender projects & developing capacity building products.
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of developing manuals & training frameworks, in Hindi
- Knowledge and experience of gender projects and data management tools
- Excellent training skills
- Strong leadership capabilities & people management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written command in Hindi
- Sound knowledge of database systems, and PowerPoint. Strong command of excel and budget management is a plus.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Program Manager by clicking on following link: Program Manager – PCI India (pciglobal.in) by 13th Feb 2023, 5 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status