Position – Program Associate
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Director – Gender & Adolescent Girls
Duration – 12 months
Location – Delhi (PCI office)
About Project Concern International (PCI):
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission – Rooted in community realities, we co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision-making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages, and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access, and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
PCI is coordinating South Asia Social Norms Learning Collaborative (SASNLC) along with the Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC), Ashoka University. The SASNLC aims to build a network of researchers, practitioners, academicians, donors, and others interested in working on social norms in South Asia.
The objectives of SASNLC are to:
- Advance practice, learning, and sharing of Social Norms Shifting Initiatives in South Asia to advance gender equality and equity.
- Develop as a platform for evidence and resources to address social norms to advance gender equality
- Generate a regular and constructive/planned discourse around regressive social and gender norms to understand and contribute to the interventions & measurement of the shifts in the norms for being more egalitarian in nature.
- Amplify the learning from South Asian countries to relevant audience and platforms
Domains for discussions around social norms:
- Childhood, Adolescence and youth
- Girls’ education and leadership
- Health & Nutrition
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Digital empowerment
- Climate change
- WASH etc
The incumbent will closely work with Director – Gender and Adolescent Girls, and assist with membership engagement, implementing the work plan on time with quality for the social-norms learning collaborative. S/He will organize meetings of the collaborative, develop progress report, learning briefs and write blogs and articles. S/He will develop quality presentations based on different research and discussions in the SNLC.
Roles and responsibilities of Program Associate:
- The intern would support Director – Gender in regular engagement with SNLC members on a regular basis through organizing meetings regularly; both in-person and virtual
- Regularly update the database of members – organizations and individuals from South Asia region.
- Assist in organizing webinars and meetings
- Assist in regular reviews of the progress of the collaborative functioning
- Support director – gender to share findings from evidence from different researches and reports on social and gender norms through literature reviews
- Work pro-actively in the timely production of monthly updates, presentations and contribute to developing strategic communication products, presentations, etc. under supportive supervision and guidance of the Director-Gender and Adolescent Girls.
- Assist in developing learning briefs, blogs, content for different forums, concept notes/proposals as and when required on gender and social norms
- Work on documentation and dissemination on gender and social norms, by contributing towards the development of presentation decks and data visualization for discussion with donor and different stakeholders.
- Organize other strategic meetings relevant to Gender and Social Norms as needed or as advised by the Director Gender and Adolescent girls
- Support communication team of PCI is regular messaging on social norms work on social media
- Master’s degree in social sciences preferably in Management, development communications, social sciences or any other relevant fields.
- Three to four years of relevant professional experience in gender and development related works.
- Have experience of managing collaboratives, alliances etc…
- Multi-tasking and ability to manage deliverables over tight timelines
- Ability to undertake literature review and online research
- Excellent skills on PowerPoint, excel, word in MS office package and other software as relevant
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Hindi.
- Efficient writing skills in developing presentations and documents to translate information to suit specific audiences.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Program Associate SASNLC by 18th August 2022, 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.