Position: Officer- Renewable Energy and Climate
Location: PCI Office, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Extensive Travel to the field
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission “Rooted in community realities, we co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems”. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low- income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Project Concern International (PCI) in Uttar Pradesh is presently managing three key engagements the details of which are listed below.
PCI, with support from multiple donors, is providing technical assistance to Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission (UPSRLM) and Dept of Rural Development, GoUP, through its Technical Support Projects, that supports strengthening various systems and processes; strengthening its community institutions; and devising and integrating evidence-based strategies and interventions in health and nutrition (HN), women’s economic empowerment, enterprise, and livelihood development and ultra poor initiative (poverty alleviation) using the platform of the SHG women’s collective of UPSRLM for more details please refer to www.pciglobal.in.
The major role of the Officer- Renewable Energy and Climate will be to support the PCI and its donors for successful implementation of sustainable energy initiatives pertaining to solarization of Take-Home Ration (THR) enterprises in the state. He/She should be able to perform site-specific engineering analysis or evaluation of energy efficiency of the installed Solar plants. He/She should work in coordination with the THR embedded team of PCI stationed in UPSRLM, the project team at the center of excellence being developed and the renewable energy team of UPSRLM.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the procurement team in finalization of bidding documents, undertake technical and financial evaluation of proposals and facilitate the empanelment of the renewable energy vendors.
- Coordinate with vendor for timely supply of required materials/equipment’s at the THR sites.
- Supervise the implementation of Solar Plants at THR sites including providing energy efficiency advice, site inspection and training.
- Ensure quality control and final acceptance of installed THR Solar Plants.
- Prepare Detailed Project Report (DPRs), presentations and briefings for Government and donors including performance monitoring charts and tables on all components of the project.
- Networking with energy stakeholders, contribute to development and strengthening of partners in renewable energy sector.
- Mentor colleagues as well as collaborate with PCI senior management on key business decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- BE/BTech in Electrical/Mechanical / Renewable Energy / Solar and Alternate Energy
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in climate change and/or renewable energy
- First-hand experience of implementing rooftop solar projects across sectors, such as MSME, agriculture, etc.
- Project experience, including the development of technical specifications and procurement documents (DRE), understanding of quality control and safety measures in DRE
- Understanding government policies and schemes under rural DRE, particularly for the MSME sector
- First-hand experience of solar assessment and DPR (Detailed Project Report) preparations
- Drafting technical documentation for DRE projects, particularly for external dissemination, including documentation for government consumption, would be an added advantage.
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity, and social accountability
- Strong professional skills to undertake new ideas and innovations.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Excellent presentation skills including visual/ infographic presentation of concepts and ideas
- Willingness to travel as per the needs of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge and skills to work on MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solving and work as part of a team.
- Keep track of key programmatic and financial performance indicators of the project
- Facilitate meetings, reviews, and support in issuance of relevant govt. orders and guidelines for delivery of the project objectives.
- Facilitate capacity building and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation portfolio.
- Support in timely preparation of programmatic and financial reports, and any other strategic documents as requested by the donor, or any other external stakeholder.
Interested candidates can apply by June 23, 2023, please find the below link for the application.
Uploading the CV is mandatory.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply. Those who have already applied earlier for this position are requested not to apply again.