Position Title: Manager – Research and Knowledge Management
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Senior Director – Measurement, Learning and Evaluation
Location: Delhi (with travel to project areas in different states)
ABOUT PROJECT CONCERN INTERNATIONAL
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes.
PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 13 states, directly reaching out to more than 7 million lives through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social protection, and emergency response.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
About the Position
Promoting Gender Equality is central to PCI’s work and the empowerment of women and girls is a core of PCI’s pillar of Global Programming. This position will join a growing team of gender practitioners and researchers who are leading PCI’s gender and empowerment work in the field and serve as the Manager for Research and Knowledge Management. Core responsibilities include facilitating knowledge acquisition and documentation in support of PCI India’s Gender Strategy; and supporting the design and development of research, project based learning and knowledge management plans and learning products. S/he will be actively engaged in the implementation of projects and pilots targeting gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.Establish institutional gender knowledge base (40%)
- Provide support through literature review, gathering or generating learning from in and out of PCI to inform the development of a Gender Strategy for the Country
- Undertake relevant collation of information and perform secondary data analysis as required.
- Provide support in generating and reviewing evidence using scientific methods appropriate for programmatic needs and developing products for
- Provide support for the development of manuscripts for publication, including an adaptation of conference or resource materials, and generation of original
- Develop a process and plan for Knowledge Management (KM) for Gender and Empowerment portfolio; and develop a plan for external sharing and
- Develop country-specific system for management of evidence-based knowledge products and models, policy briefs, and map out public discourses on key themes, functions, and sectors
2. Design and implement the project Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation plans and systems for the Umang Child Marriage Prevention project in Jharkhand and future projects as assigned (40%)
- Develop M&E plan and lead the execution of the same.
- Design, execute and maintain the MIS.
- Develop and maintain systems to analyze information on inputs, outputs, outcomes, and impact of the program with efficient feedback loops.
- Undertake literature review, perform primary and secondary data analysis, and support in overall project documentation.
- Ensuring data collection adheres to organizational policies, ethical guidelines, political requirements, and organizational values.
- Ensure data quality, build the measurement capacity of the district, and block-level project functionaries.
3. Positioning and business development (20%)
- Provide support in designing, formatting, and packaging of resources for external sharing
- Support in preparing concept notes and project proposals by conducting literature reviews, presenting knowledge and evidence from within PCI and from external sources, writing relevant sections/concepts including cape statements, and supporting the development of the MLE
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
- At least a Master’s degree in science, social sciences, statistics, Population Studies or in a related field of study with experience working on Gender as a cross-cutting theme. Demonstrated technical expertise conducting Gender
- Minimum experience of 4-5 years in M&E, Research or Operational Research preferably with a focus on adolescents, women’s empowerment, gender-based research, gender- based
- Proficiency in at least one statistical package for quantitative analysis (SPSS/Stata/R), other data management packages, and software like CS Pro, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Desirable to have skills to use any Qualitative Data Analysis Packages such as Atlast.ti, NVIvO,
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research knowledge with experience of designing and managing mixed methods research in support of practical outcomes
- Highly self-motivated, willing to travel as per the need to different locations in the country.
- Ability to execute assignments independently and efficiently working in a multidisciplinary team
- Good analytical skills, excellent verbal communication, and presentation
- Excellent English writing skills, and the ability to develop quality documents for an external
- In-depth knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation for gender-based programming; ability to translate research into programmatic recommendations and
- Good interpersonal skills- ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels in English and Hindi
- Possess leadership skills and is decisive, action-oriented, adaptive and able to work against tight timelines
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Manager – Research and Knowledge Management by using the following link Manager – Research and Knowledge Management – PCI India (pciglobal.in)by 15th February 2023, 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.