|TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)|
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998. We drive interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by solving complex social issues, partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Our decades of deep community connection have equipped us to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the communities, including the marginalized ones. Through our evidence-based programming and sophisticated measurements, we design solutions that are efficacious and scalable. We are recognized for providing high-quality technical assistance to both national and state governments. We are supported by a multidisciplinary, passionate, and competent team committed to translating our dreams into realities.
In India, disparity continues to impact the lives of all, often beyond the binaries of men and women, although statistically, women and girls are the most disadvantaged. Given the chequered history of gender disparity in India, we at PCI India acknowledge that people from all genders are essential for any intervention, and gender-transformative programs must be designed to keep the most vulnerable and marginalized people at the core of it.
We have been developing solutions keeping the gender factors and the socio-ecological contexts into consideration, making them most feasible and acceptable in the communities and ensuring researched and thought-out program implementation for the targeted vulnerable groups. We are currently working in the states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha and have engaged at the national level in partnership with the government on socio-economic empowerment of women with a focus on providing dignified employment opportunities to women, increasing their access govt. schemes and entitlements, building their skills and capacities, and promoting joint household decision-making practices for improved reproductive and sexual health, family planning, nutrition, and gender outcomes. We aim at dignified and rightful living for women, free from all forms of discrimination, abuse, atrocities, and gender-based violence and work across the life stages of women starting from pre-adolescence through pregnancy and post-pregnancy phases of their lives addressing girls’ leadership, strengthening women’s collectives to seize the prevalence of child marriage, creating localized resource centers through women’s collectives to address many more vulnerabilities of women. The details of our work can be accessed at https://pciglobal.in/
We intend to strengthen our gender and women economic empowerment initiatives by onboarding and empaneling senior researchers, eminent community workers, thought leaders and gender champions from diverse backgrounds and various geographies to further the cause of gender equality, safety, and economic empowerment through transformations in gender norms, behaviors, and practices in the lives of the vulnerable communities of the country.
II. Scope of Work:
- Conceptualization and development of innovative concepts of engagement and socio-economic upliftment of the vulnerable sections.
- Advise on strategizing gender specific PCI interventions backed by policy understanding and knowledge building based on literature review, industry best practises, accepted methodologies, and frameworks.
- Support on formulation of program specific approaches and underlying design frameworks to define gender related outcomes and impact pathways.
- Utilization of experience in the gender segment to design materials and assist with deliverables to address gender disparities
- Development of relevant gender focussed interventions with a focus on enhancing agency and social and economic empowerment of adolescents and women.
- Advise on and review of policy and process level documentation along with proposals, reports and deliverables.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and PCI community through identification of best practices and lessons learned.
- Support in advancing gender equality and women empowerment by ensuring full integration of gender issues in performance monitoring, evaluation, learning, and other activities.
- Other areas of engagement as mutually agreed with the nodal persons of PCI India.
III. Documents to be shared:
- Covering letter with summary of experience
- Updated Resume
- Per day consulting fee
- Proof of Identity (PAN & AADHAAR)
IV. Selection Criteria
- Minimum 10 or more years of experience on gender related issues such as addressing gender-based violence, women economic empowerment etc.
- Experience of working with the government departments/institutions and organizations focused on gender equality and empowerment as gender experts.
- Experience of presenting their work on national/international forums and publishing research papers in national/international journals etc.
- Awards/ Nomination from national / international bodies working on solving gender-related problems will have an added advantage.
V. Other terms and conditions:
- Interested respondents can apply by 7th August 2022 on email@example.com
- No binding legal relationship shall exist between any of the Respondents and PCI India until execution of an Empanelment Agreement/ Work Order.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Female respondents are encouraged to apply.