Position: Documentation & Communication Officer
Reporting Line: Director – Gender and adolescent girls
Location: New Delhi
Number of Positions: 01
Time period: till June 2024
About Project Concern International
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission – Rooted in community realities, we co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India could advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
Promoting gender equality is central to PCI’s work, and the empowerment of women and girls is a core pillar of PCI’s programming. This position will join a growing team of gender practitioners who are leading PCI’s gender and empowerment work in the field. The key role of Communication and documentation officer will be to work effectively and collaboratively work with the Gender related project teams across PCI India project locations. S/He will work under guidance of Director – Gender to develop products for communication of experiences and learning for growth of the portfolio. S/He will be responsible for developing the communication products and documentation for the gender portfolio. Core responsibilities include, developing a gender communication plan, documenting different gender & empowerment works and experiences of PCI India, support in proposal development.
Key roles and Responsibilities of the Documentation and Communication Officer:
Remain in constant communication with state and field teams to collect stories, develop case studies, good practices, reports and other learning products in visually attractive formats
- Undertake secondary research and create briefs
- Develop high quality, externally sharable, visually appealing documents, power-point presentations and other media about PCI’s gender work for external pitching
- Create digital graphics and writing content for social media campaign and other disseminations
- Research and analyse information about donors and prospective partners for possible collaboration.
- Develop decks/presentations, concept notes, proposals, pitch documents for various clients
- Manage PCI’s social media presence with gender portfolio
- Undertake secondary evidence review or compilation of learning or modules for different product development
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Management/Communications/Development communications/Journalism/Social Development from a reputed university/ institute.
- Demonstrated ability to perform standard analyses such as secondary research, performance analyses, competitive analyses, market analyses, etc.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in the sector of development communications, documentation/journalism, content writing, strategic alliance and partnership development
- Demonstrated experience of documentation and corporate communications
- A high level of experience and understanding of Gender, women’s empowerment, adolescent programming, diversity, inclusion
- A high level of understanding and knowledge of theoretical frameworks of gender and empowerment programming
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including reading and writing skills in English and Hindi.
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity & social accountability
- Self-organized and ability to meet timelines with quality
- Team worker
- Aware of latest trends in gender discourses
- Ability to work on computer for all requirement software; including M.S excel, word, power-point in M.S office and other design related software.
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem solving and work as a team member.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of Documentation & Communication Officer by 31st August 2022, 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Female candidates are encouraged to apply.