Position Title: District Coordinator
Reporting Line: Project Lead, Nand Ghars
Project: Nand Ghars
Place of Posting: Lanjigarh, Kalahandi, Odisha
No. of Position: 1
About the Project:
Nand Ghars is a network of modern Anganwadis with an integrated approach to child welfare and skill development for women. Vedanta, in partnership with Ministry of Women and Child Development, is constructing 4000 model Anganwadis, “Nand Ghars”, across 12 states. 3300 Nand Ghars are currently present across India, Vedanta Group has selected PCI as an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Partner for the additional 350 Nand Ghars present in the state of Odisha with the following aims:
- To provide quality education to children between the ages of 3-6;
- To have no malnourished children at Nand Ghars through the provision of nutritious hot-cooked meals served to children;
- To provide primary healthcare at the doorstep for children and women of Nand Ghar along with the other people in the community; and
- To develop skills through trade-based and entrepreneurship training for women who are above 18 years of age.
PCI seeks to appoint a District Coordinator to support Project Lead for developing and rolling out of the Community Engagement Program. S/he will be supporting the Project Lead in capacity building of the key stakeholders in the Project Areas as per the requirement of the Project.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure supportive supervision for the field team to strengthen project intervention.
- Guide and facilitate need based assessments of the project.
- Maintain database of project activity, HR, assets, and documents.
- Liaison with key stakeholders and community to strengthen convergence and collaboration.
- Take lead in capacity building and continued support for the field team.
- Organize training of Cluster Coordinator, FLWs and follow-up to expedite project activities as per the MoU.
- Undertake liaisoning with government and non-governmental agencies working on thematic aspects of Nand Ghars to accelerate the intervention and meet organization expectations.
- Validate and verify field team reports, vouchers and invoices and send them to Project Lead.
- Ensure timely submission of mandate reports and data related to Invoices.
- Facilitate on ground ambiguous situation and come up with adaptive solutions to drive the project.
- Facilitate involvement of partners on various thematic aspects of Nand Ghars.
- Maintain the good will of project and PCI across stakeholders and available platform.
- Represent Nand Ghar Project and PCI at all possible meetings and Forums.
- Conduct weekly / monthly review meetings with the project staffs and Donors.
- Willing to travel 70% of the time to the field and 30% to office administration across the geography.
- Willing to support time bound urgent activities directly and indirectly linked with the project assigned by Vedanta and PCI keeping in view the interest of the assignment.
- Postgraduate in any stream preferably Social Work / Social Science / Rural Development / Nutrition or any other relevant field
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in the development sector, preferably in ICDS Projects.
- Experience in Liasoning with Government and Non-Government Counterparts
- Familiarity with Anganwadis and Community based Institutions
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in Odia (Written and Spoken) knowledge of local language is preferable.
- Working knowledge in English and Hindi.
- Good documentation skills (Odia and English).
- Verifiable skills in Conflict management and stress management.
- Working knowledge of mobile-based / APP based reporting systems.
- Good Communicator, Motivator, Punctual and Team Manager.
- Working knowledge on Computer and MS Office packages
- Willingness to travel to project areas, including remote rural locations.
- The District Coordinator is required to travel 70% of her/his time to field, hence a functional personal Bike/Scotty with valid License is essential for the position.
- Maintaining database of project activity, documentation and reporting is an integral part of the position hence having a personal Desktop/Laptop and Smartphone is essential.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of District Coordinator by 25th April 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.