Position Title: District Coordinator cum Counsellor (DCC)
Project: Gender Transformative Model (GTM)
No. of Position: 1
Reporting Line: Program Manager
Location: Mayurbhanj (Base) District and Keonjhar District
About PCI India
PCI India has been working in India since 1998. We drive interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by solving complex social issues.
Our decades of deep community connection have equipped us to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the communities, including the marginalised ones. Through our evidence-based programming and sophisticated measurements, we design solutions that are efficacious and scalable. We are recognised for providing high-quality Technical Assistance to both National and State Governments.
In the past year, PCI India reached more than 1.5 crore, i.e., 15 million people in 1649 blocks of 163 districts in 14 states.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
About the Project
PCI has been engaged by a leading international philanthropy to provide Technical Assistance in Odisha that seeks to achieve the integration of gender with the programming of Odisha Livelihoods Mission (OLM) in selected blocks of 30 districts. The thrust area is to address gender inequalities by focusing on, a) Ensuring freedom of women from discrimination, atrocities and violence, b) Ensuring women’s access to their social protection, rights, and entitlements, c) Strengthening the identity of women and women-led community-based institutions and d) Creating Institutions of Women for Sustaining Change. PCI currently has a state team based at Bhubaneshwar and a district team of DCCs under this Project to provide support in program implementation in 30 districts of Odisha.
PCI seeks to appoint a DCC. The DCC will work in close association with the concerned District Mission Management Unit (DMMU) & Block Mission Management Unit (BMMU) of OLM and extend support as per the requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This DCC position is open for women candidates only. The DCCs will be based at Mayurbhanj (base location) and responsible for following gender related interventions in the assigned districts:
- Develop monthly district/block/GPLF plan to achieve the targeted interventions of the project.
- Provide handholding support to Gender CRPs, GPPs, CRP-CMs, MBKS in her assigned districts in achieving the targeted interventions as planned in the Annual Action Plan.
- Coordinate and guide Gender CRPs in providing counselling to the women in distress, linking them with Government and other institutions for accessing their rights and entitlements.
- Provide Supportive supervision to Gender CRP on reporting and documentation.
- Liaison with assigned DMMU, BMMU, state GTM team and other related departments for better convergence.
- Extend support to community carders for strengthening SAC and GFMs at CLF and GPLF level.
- Accountable for capacity building of cadres for roll out of GSLP, conducting GFM, community events and its reporting & documentation.
- Use different procedures such as case study, mental status examination, behaviour therapy, positive reinforcement etc. to support the survivors of atrocities, discrimination, and violence.
- Prepare MPRs, reports and documents, to highlight project’s progress as per the requirement.
- Participation in review and planning meeting of SWAYAM and DMMU from time to time.
- Visit to different Blocks, Gram Panchayats of assigned district on a monthly basis.
- Any other duties assigned by DPM and concerned Authority related to GTM program.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills, and Competencies:
- Post Graduate degree in Social Work / Social Science / Rural development / any other relevant field.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience of working in Social Sector
- Experience in Stakeholders Management, Capacity Building and Documentation
- Familiarity with Government Schemes and Entitlements
- Effective English & Odia communication skills (Both written and oral)
- Experience of working with SRLM or National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- Knowledge of Self-help Groups and Community based institutions
Skills and Competencies
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English & Odia
- Good skills in operating computers and MS Office package
- Creative skills and ability in planning and implementation of program
- Team player with ability to handle multi-tasks and meet established timeline
- Willingness to travel inter and intra Districts on a monthly basis
- A personal Bike/Scotty with License will be preferred for local travel in the base location.
- Interested candidates can apply for the Position of District Coordinator cum Counsellor (DCC) by 13th August 2023
- PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
- Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.