Position: Consultant-UMANG Project
Reporting Line: MLE Officer
About Project Concern International/India (PCI):
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls .PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment servicesand information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect primary data using semi-structured interview schedules from the members/functionaries of community level institutions – Self Help Groups (SHGs), Village Organizations (VOs) and Cluster Level Federations (CLFs) and other beneficiaries.
- Provide supportive supervision to frontline workers and office bearers including Community Mobilizers, Book Keepers and Master Book Keepers in maintaining their daily/monthly registers especially Health Nutrition Sanitation (HNS) registers
- Assume active role in all types of field works geared towards collecting primary data for a variety of purposes including pre-testing of measurement tools, house-listing, and updating records/information necessary for strengthening project management
- Ensure complete adherence to a stipulated protocol developed for data collection, collation and transmission.
Any other relevant support as and when required
- Bachelor degree in any discipline.
- Proficiency in Bengali language preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, including the ability to keep state staff motivated
- To effectively line manage the team of direct supervisees and to mentor them to achieve their objectives