Position Title: Young Professional
No. of Positions: 02
Reporting Line: TBD
About Project Concern International:
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes.
PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 13 states, directly reaching out to more than 7 million lives through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social protection, and emergency response.
About the Projects:
Two key engagements of PCI in Uttar Pradesh in Uttar Pradesh for which Young Professionals are being considered are listed below:
PCI India is supporting UPSRLM, in improving the maternal and child nutrition through sustainable decentralized production and distribution of fortified Take-Home Rations (THR) through Food Processing Enterprises led by women led Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and supplied to ICDS.
PCI India is supporting the office of Agriculture Production Commissioner, Government of Uttar Pradesh, in terms of design and development of a digital ecosystem for facilitating DBT entitlements for poverty alleviation of 5 lakh ultra-poor families in UP. This is a multi-department initiative towards the poverty alleviation of 5 lakh ultra-poor in the state.Please visit our website to learn more about our values, mission, vision, and our work in India.
The Young Professional will be embedded within the Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission (UPSRLM) and will work closely with the leadership and other senior officials of the Mission with the aim of developing a talented pool of Young Professionals (YPs) who have a passion for working with poor and have the potential to become mature development professionals. The YP will have thematic experience of optimum utilization of resources with bare minimum resources available with the Rural Household and project at intensive block units. An ideal candidate should have adequate understanding on livelihoods and enterprise management.
To be responsible for, design and implementation of successful livelihood strategies, scanning of rural scope for Strengthen & expansion to SHG Women Local entrepreneur head in achieving the self-reliability and sustainability, developing ensuring higher evolution indices and profitability.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- To work with institutions of the poor with the objective of building their capacity and helping them in accessing their entitlements.
- To provide a platform for the resolution of inter-sectoral and inter-departmental issues to accelerate the DBT transfer of various development schemes of the Government.
- To liaise with development departments of the state to ensure smooth implementation of the projects related to (a) poverty alleviation of ultra poor in the state and (b) Decentralized Production of Take-Home Ration (THR) through Women Self-Help Groups in Uttar Pradesh.
- To provide high quality inputs in disciplines like Agriculture/Economics/Health /Nutrition/Women & Children Development / Social Sciences/Rural Development/ Data Analysis etc.
- Undertake periodic socio-economic analysis of the local areas, impact assessment studies & monitoring project activities.
- Designing and introducing innovations in the current projects and providing feedback on the projects.
- Organize and undertake field visits as suggested by the senior team for the smooth implementation of the projects.
- Organize meeting and help in providing logistical support to various programmes held as a part of the programme
A postgraduate degree in rural management, business administration, development studies, social sciences, development economics etc. from a recognized university like IRMA, IIFM, XLRI, DSE, FMS, MDI, SPJIM, ISB Hyderabad/Chandigarh etc.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience
- Demonstrated commitment to learning, innovation, and staff mentoring.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English are required; Knowledge of Hindi is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written and reading comprehension abilities.
- Ability to work with and motivate private- and public-sector actors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Interested candidates can fill the Application Information for the position of Young Professional On the below provided link all the fields in the form are mandatory. Also upload your updated resume for the same by 14th May 2023, 5:00pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status