Position: Technical Consultant -GBV
No. of Vacancy: 1
Reporting Line: Program Manager (Technical)
Duration: Till December 2023
About the Project:
The “Systems Strengthening for Addressing Gender Based Violence for Creating a Women Friendly Ecosystem” project, supported by UNFPA, aims to enhance government department systems for decision-making and responsive action on GBV. The project’s goal is to reduce the number of GBV cases in intensive geographies (measured through mid-line) and across the state. Over a period of three years, the project will also integrate MIS systems within the WCDC department for state-level report collation and evidence generation on GBV cases and responsive action. Furthermore, the project seeks to improve the capacities of women police, doctors, and judiciaries in delivering services to GBV victims, as measured by assessments during sensitization sessions.
The project objectives are to collaborate with various government departments to strengthen their response mechanisms against GBV. This will be accomplished by promoting the effective implementation of laws through GBVIMS, reviewing existing policies for GBV, and utilizing GBSS through the concerted efforts of various government bodies.
The project will focus on the following areas:
1. Strengthening the implementation of the Women’s Empowerment Policy
2. Enhancing the enforcement of the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) Act
3. Improving enforcement of the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic Techniques (PCPNDT) Act
4. Enhancing the functionality of One-Stop Centers
5. Facilitating the creation of Women-Friendly Panchayats (which are free from child marriage).
The Technical Consultant for GBV will monitor project activities and field implementation, while the manager will be responsible for submitting progress reports, attending briefing meetings, and participating in discussions with donor representatives. The manager will be accountable for the successful implementation of the project. Additionally, the consultant will support the finalization of methodology and enquiry tools, coordinate with all government departments, oversee and support module customization, and ensure the design and structure of all major knowledge products. They will also facilitate approvals from concerned government stakeholders, ensure coordination and appropriate linkages on advocacy and policy work with the government, SRLMs, and donors.
a. Strategic Project Management
1. Coordinate and support the district team to ensure effective program management.
2. Monitor the progress of the program in alignment with district specific work plan and impact of the project, with data captured through the MIS.
3. Identify best practices and lessons learned to inform program improvement and strategy planning.
4. Assist the CML team in conducting Baseline assessment as per the program strategy.
5. Report any significant or unanticipated roadblocks to senior management of PCI India to ensure the project stays on track.
6. Lead the team in developing the project calendar and adhering to timelines.
b. Stakeholder Management
1. Engage with key government stakeholders through forums & meetings and update them about program activities.
2. Maintain and manage channels of communication with the leadership teams at PCI.
3. Foster working relationships with relevant health officials and various govt and other departments on district level.
4. Foster excellent communication and positive working relationships with government stakeholders, UNFPA, and other key players at the state level, including other agencies, NGOs, and civil society organizations.
1. Submit progress reports, attend briefing meetings, and participate in discussions with donor representatives under the supervision of the Program Manager.
2. Take accountability for the quality and timely completion of final deliverables.
3. Lead presentations to district-level stakeholders.
d. Team management
1. Regularly evaluate the performance and progress towards objectives for all team members, preferably more frequently than annually.
2. Foster a high level of motivation among team members and encourage them to constantly improve efficiency and effectiveness.
3. Plan, prioritize, and monitor the team’s activities on a regular basis.
1. Review of all govt guidelines, documentation and policies with regular updates related to GBV.
2. Building and strengthening the resource pool for the program to develop materials, provide technical support, documentation, and knowledge management.
3. Prepare and share Periodic District wise progress reports for review and assessment.
4. Analyze, consolidate, and produce comprehensive reports on training, implementation, and quality from time to time; contribute to other reports related to training, quality, and implementation of project interventions.
5. Support in the process of learning, concurrent monitoring, identifying, and capturing voices of champions and beneficiaries, knowledge management and documentation of best practices.
f. Other responsibilities
To carry out any other relevant duties as required.
The candidate should hold a post-graduate degree or diploma in management, preferably rural management, or a master’s degree in gender/women’s studies related to empowerment and holistic development, from a reputable institution.
1. The candidate should have minimum 6 years of experience in working with government and international donors and expertise in gender projects & developing capacity building products.
Skills and Attributes:
1. Knowledge and experience of gender projects and data management tools
2. Excellent training skills
3. Leadership capabilities & people management skills
4. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
5. Excellent oral and written command in Hindi
Interested Candidates can apply for the position of Technical Consultant -GBV by 31- August- 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.