Position: State Project Coordinator
Reporting Line: Associate Director
Location: This position will be based in one of the project schools in following states Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh
Number of Positions: 6
Duration – One year (April 2023 to March 2024)
About the Project:
The main objective of the project is to capacitate teachers from selected schools to manage classroom through usage of Information and Community Technology infrastructure and usage of English as language for classroom instructions and conversations with students.
Key roles and Responsibilities of the State Project Coordinator:
• Liaison and networking with district and state education departments for smooth implementation of project activities, i.e. release of office orders for the training of teachers as per plan, apprising the officers on the project updates, etc.
• Overall responsible for timely completion and quality of project activities as per plan
• Maintain a high-level professional relationship with heads of schools listed in the project
• Support in local procurements, inventory management, and other logistical support
• Review project progress with MIS and individual Academic Learning Associates and provide support and solutions to manage challenges
• Participate in review meetings in schools, state, and national level as per plan
• Contribute to discussions on project expansion with the PCI team as per directions from the supervisor
• Share data/evidence in review meetings to facilitate any requirements of decisions or course corrections
• Participate in internal project review meetings with state and national teams of PCI
• Collect stories and contribute to the learning and documentation efforts of PCI as directed by project leads
• Lead and manage the team of MIS officer and Academic Learning Associates in their respective state/districts.
• Any other activities as assigned by the supervisor and the organization
Qualifications and Competencies:
Master’s degree in Management /Education /Social Work or equivalent.
2. Work Experience:
• 4-5 years of experience in leading projects preferably in teacher’s training
• Experience in working with the state education department.
• Experience in managing a team of professionals.
3. Skills and competencies:
• Fluent in English and Hindi language in speaking, reading, and writing.
• Good negotiation and management skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Understanding and basic knowledge of educational sector.
• Comfortable in using Basic MS office tools; MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in resolving problems
• Experience in Edtech, life skills, and pedagogies of teaching English
Interested candidates can apply for the position of State Co-ordinator by 19th March 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply