Position: State MIS Officer
Reporting Line: State Coordinator
Location: This position will be based in one of the project schools in the following states Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh
Number of Positions: 6
Duration – 11 months (May 2023 to March 2024)
About the Project:
The main objective of the project is to capacitate teachers from selected schools to manage classroom through usage of Information and Community Technology infrastructure and usage of English as language for classroom instructions and conversations with students.
Key roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide/Assist in training the selected teachers in batches on ICT, spoken English, and life skills
• Help in developing and disseminating the Teaching and Learning Material/IEC materials for the teachers and its utilization by the end recipients
• Support in the development of project MIS and field testing, and execution of the project MIS across all schools and teachers in the state.
• Maintain a high-level professional relationship with heads of schools listed in the project
• Compile data and generate reports regarding different components of the project and its progress
• Support in local procurements, inventory management, and other logistical support
• Work closely with the State Coordinator and Academic Learning Associate (ALA) by sharing trackers and other data requirements on regular basis to ensure the smooth progress of the project implementation as per plan
• Participate in weekly and quarterly review meetings as per the plan
• Share data/evidence in review meetings to facilitate any requirements of decisions or course corrections
• Participate in internal project review meetings with state and national teams of PCI
• Collect stories and contribute to the learning and documentation efforts of PCI as directed by project leads
• Any other activities as assigned by the supervisor and the organization
Qualifications and Competencies:
Graduation or post-graduation in management/ IT/ social science/population science or related courses.
2. Work Experience:
o 2-5 years of experience in database management within a project MIS
o Experience in giving training to teachers or groups of similar nature
o Experience in working with Microsoft Excel for database management
3. Skills and competencies:
• Fluent in English and Hindi language in speaking, reading, and writing
• Good negotiation and management skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Understanding and basic knowledge of educational sector
• Comfortable in using MS office tools; Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Ability to work independently and take initiative in resolving problems
• Writing skills in Hindi and English
• Experience in developing dashboards in Excel or any other tool/software.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of State MIS Officer by 23rd March,2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply