Position: Sr. Manager – Program Analytics
Reporting Line: Chief of Party (UP)
Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission “Rooted in community realities, we co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems”. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low- income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
PCI in Uttar Pradesh is presently managing three key engagements the details of which are listed below.
Project Concern International (PCI) with grant-in-aid from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), is providing technical assistance to Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission (UPSRLM) though its Prerna Technical Support Program, that supports in strengthening various systems and processes; strengthening its community institutions; and devising and integrating evidence-based strategies and interventions Health and Nutrition (HN) using the SHG women’s collective of UPSRLM.
Similarly, PCI India is supporting UPSRLM, in improving the maternal and child nutrition through sustainable decentralized production and distribution of fortified Take-Home Rations (THR) through Food Processing Enterprises led by women led Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and supplied to ICDS.
A Technical Support Unit (TSU) has been setup by PCI and TRIF within Department of Rural Development, GoUP for strategizing and increasing women’s participation in Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme a flagship scheme of Government of India, providing digital analytical support for ensuring 100 days of employment to ~20 Lakh Households in MGNREGS in Uttar Pradesh, developing a digital Ecosystem & facilitating DBT entitlements for poverty alleviation of 5 lakh ultra-poor families in UP.
The major role of the Sr. Manager – Program Management and Analytics will be to manage and expand the institutional partnership of PCI with Government and Donors in addition to providing strategic support for strengthening the in-house Concurrent Monitoring and Learning unit of PCI ..
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead state level partnership of PCI
The selected candidate would be expected to collaborate with senior Government officers from multiple departments for which PCI is presently providing technical assistance/support and would be working in future across different thematic areas like Women’s Economic Empowerment, Maternal & Child Health, Social Protection, Health & Nutrition etc. The role would also entail active engagement with Donors and multiple partners for strengthening the existing portfolio and forging new partnerships. An indicative list of expected responsibilities is listed below:
- Build and deepen PCI’s relationship with strategic partners like Government, Donors, thematic experts etc.
- Support donor reporting and engagement via drafting relevant communication and information materials and support in periodically meeting the partners.
- Under guidance of the CoP, work closely with different verticals to produce knowledge and learning products for knowledge sharing, aiming to communicate with the government, donor, partners, development agencies and civil society.
Monitoring and Evaluation Support
The selected candidate would be expected to support PCI’s in-house team of Concurrent Monitoring and Learning team in terms of institutionalization of evidence-based studies for various engagements of PCI. An indicative list of expected responsibilities is listed below:
- Anchor the design of research studies, including the sampling framework, resourcing & timelines.
- Support for planning and scheduling of research activities, including but not limited to onboarding surveyors, scheduling the activities, ensuring validation, and confirming respondents for research etc.
- Data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the team in data visualization and dashboard generation for effective review and monitoring of key initiatives.
- Support in terms of organizing and or overseeing trainings and capacity building sessions for various stakeholders.
- Conducting quality assurance and supporting program teams in terms of strengthening the overall monitoring and evaluation system.
- Support in development of knowledge products, concept notes, thematic policy briefs etc.
- Participate and support in terms of cross-vertical collaboration via providing systematic support to various engagements being managed by PCI and participate in programmatic review exercises.
- Field visits to take 1st hand assessment of various engagements of PCI.
- Prepare meeting notes and meeting minutes; draft briefings, presentations, reports; compile documents and collate information as and when required.
- Any other relevant task as suggested by the CoP.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- MBA/ PGDM from Tier-1 Management Institute or Masters of Arts in Development/Public Policy/ Social Work/Rural Management etc.
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience in management consulting, client management, monitoring and evaluation.
- At least five years of work experience in development sector.
- Experience of preparing large scale research reports, analytical reports, policy briefs etc.
- Understanding of large-scale initiatives of Ministry/Department of Rural Development such as MGNREGS, SRLMs, ICDS, Take Home Ration etc.
- Experience of working in a technical support unit to a large-scale Government Program
- Understanding of the working of non-government organization and grants management.
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity, and social accountability
- Strong professional skills to undertake new ideas and innovations.
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Willingness to travel as per the needs of the organization.
- Excellent knowledge and skills to work on MS Excel, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solving and work as part of a team.
- Keep track of key programmatic and financial performance indicators of the project
- Facilitate meetings, reviews, and support in issuance of relevant govt. orders and guidelines for delivery of the project objectives.
- Facilitate capacity building and strengthening the monitoring and evaluation portfolio.
- Support in timely preparation of programmatic and financial reports, and any other strategic documents as requested by the donor, or any other external stakeholder.