Position: Regional Manager (UP)
Reporting Line: Associate Director Health, Nutrition & Women Economic Empowerment
Location: Divisional Headquarters of Uttar Pradesh viz Varanasi, Barabanki, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Basti, Ballia, Jhansi, Kanpur, Aligarh, Prayagraj, Hardoi, Bareilly, Agra, Meerut, Moradabad
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low- income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Project Concern India (PCI) with grant-in-aid from donor agencies is providing technical assistance to Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihoods Mission (UPSRLM) This technical assistance is for strengthening various systems and processes; strengthening its community institutions; and devising and integrating evidence-based strategies and interventions around Health and Nutrition (HN), Gender and Livelihoods using the SHG women’s collective of UPSRLM.
Similarly, PCI is supporting UPSRLM, in improving the maternal and child nutrition through sustainable decentralized production and distribution of fortified Take-Home Rations (THR) through Food Processing Enterprises led by women led Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and supplied to ICDS.
The Program Manager will be the part of Technical Assistance team of PCI-UP and will work in close coordination with Mission Management teams of UPSRLM based at district and block level. S/he will coordinate with concerned thematic District Mission Manager of assigned districts of UPSRLM on day-to-day basis under the close supervision of Associate Director and in close coordination of thematic nodal officer embedded with UPSRLM. This position is to provide handholding, mentoring and capacity strengthening support to UPSRLM staff & cadre on HN integration, Gender, and Livelihoods within the Community platform. S/he will support Concerned Thematic DMM in planning, implementation, quality assessment, data management and reporting of HN interventions, Gender, and Livelihoods especially behavior change communication.
strategies among the community institutions of UPSRLM. The Program Manager will also provide support to concerned DMM – to manage regular coordination and effective liaison with other stakeholders and line departments.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with concerned thematic DMMs of UPSRLM to bring out HN, Gender, and Livelihoods as one of the key focus areas for the day-to-day business of UPSRLM staff and cadre.
- Support in capacity strengthening of field-based staff of UPSRLM working on HN, Gender and Livelihoods on behavior change and demand generation intervention related to HN Gender and Livelihoods.
- Support & ensure the district, block, Cluster and Gram Panchayat-wise Gap analysis on HN, Gender, and Livelihood theme at a regular interval for necessary improvement in implementation of activities.
- Provide support to the concerned thematic DMM in developing capacity strengthening plan of his/her respective district on HN Gender and Livelihood based on the standing instruction of State Mission Management Unit (SMMU).
- Facilitate and support DMMU, BMMU and Cluster Federations in convening regular review meetings on thematic interventions in the region supported by PCI. Facilitate and support Block Mission Units in convening review of Community Cadres on regular basis.
- Provide handholding support to the concerned thematic BMM of assigned districts/blocks in conducting the assessment of capacity strengthening activities of staff & cadre on HN Gender and Livelihood interventions.
- Support DMMU and BMMU in planning and implementation of different types of community events or campaigns on HN, Gender, and Livelihood to bring out behavior changes in the practices and adoption of livelihood package of practices.
- Support concerned thematic DMM to ensure the convergence with other stakeholder and line departments, agencies, and individuals for the benefit of community associated with
- Provide support to DMMU & BMMU in developing a mechanism of timely MIS entries.
- Generate monthly brief district HN Gender and Livelihood reports including success stories on Behavior Changes, collective actions/Positive
- Provide analyzed data and reports on training, community events, and any other HN, Gender and Livelihood implementation strategies as per programmatic requirements
- Identify & raise the district & block-wise gaps on training and integration of HN Gender and Livelihood activities and sharing it with BMMU and state level Technical Assistance team embedded within UPSRLM.
- Will be required to coordinate with different line departments as per the programmatic requirement on a regular basis.
- Will ensure and support implementation of digital interventions in the region supported by PCI in an effective and efficient manner.
- Represent PCI in different state/district and block-level forums based on the requirement and needs of the
- Any other assignments given by the supervisor/organization
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s degree/ Diploma in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology/Community Health or related field from a reputed university/
- Minimum 7 years’ work experience in large scale capacity strengthening efforts particularly involving Government institutions and programs preferably in national or state rural livelihood
- Understanding of SRLM, NRLM, Health and Nutrition, Gender, Livelihoods quality assessment and support during implementation of large scale programs.
- Understanding of Government programs related to Self-Help Groups and their federations, health, nutrition and sanitation, Gender and Livelihoods
- Knowledge of issues related to Community Mobilization, Maternal and Neonatal Child Health and Nutrition (MNCH&N) and Sanitation, Gender and Livelihoods.
- Familiarity with National Health Mission (NHM), ICDS and National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, including writing skills in English and Hindi
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity and social accountability and individual’s right to
- Strong professional skills to undertake new ideas and
- Ability to communicate
- Willingness to travel within the state, intra district & Block and to the villages of the assigned region as per project
- Possess excellent facilitating, coordinating and implementation
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem-solving and work as part of a
- Working Knowledge of computer S excels, M.S office and internet.
Interested candidates can apply by 14th May 2023, please find the below link for the application
Uploading the CV is mandatory .
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply. Those who have already applied earlier for this position are requested not to apply again.