Position Name: Project Manager
Reporting to: Director – SBCC
Number of Positions: 01
Location: Patna, Bihar
About the Project:
PCI India is preparing to implement in Bihar an innovative project that will use human centred design approach to pilot test a set of innovative solutions aimed to address the vulnerabilities and SRHR needs of the population segments impacted by migration.
The project will be designed and implemented collaboratively with a partner organization, in four phases over 24 months. The partner organization will design and conduct the impact evaluation while PCI India will be responsible for conducting the user testing and implementation of the innovative solutions. PCI India will also work closely with the partner organization to set up a Knowledge Center on Migration and SRH, and production of knowledge products like a program/policy brief, research publications and other appropriate products based on project learning. The key target segment for the study will be currently married women in the reproductive age and their husbands in two high out-migration affected districts of Bihar i.e. Gopalganj and Nawada. A special focus would be on rural, poor and socially under privileged segments.
The secondary target segment will be the families of primary TG and social support systems that influence family planning decisions and contraceptive use by eligible couples.
Another important segment for the project will be other players in the ecosystem such as:
- a) ASHA and AWW Health Workers, and JEEViKA Community Cadres
- b) Senior bureaucrats/Leaders and Program managers in the public health system
- c) Private manufacturers, commercial managers and vendors in the railways
Key roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparing a detailed work plan based on the approved project proposal, discussions with the donors, partner organization and stakeholders, and with other project teams in Bihar.
- Coordinating with project partners for smooth implementation of the project over the 4 phases.
- Coordinating with stakeholders (government departments & other players in SRHR and migration ecosystem) to secure their buy-in and support for implementing the project activities. Securing necessary permissions where necessary.
- Recruiting, inducting, training and monitoring the performance of the project team members – District, Stakeholder, Block and Community Coordinators.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the project covering, but not limited to, team management, stakeholder management, performance management, budget management, report preparation, problem resolution and participation in knowledge sharing/learning workshops.
- Hiring the required vendors for providing specific services such as design research, prototype development, analysis of user testing findings and other specific activities like liaison with departments like Railways and State Roadways Corporation as necessary.
- Regular travel to the project areas for monitoring the project activities.
- Updating the Director – SBCC and senior management at PCI on the project progress and performance on a regular basis, analysing the performance indicators and taking corrective actions/measures to ensure achievement of project objectives as per the agreed timelines.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Director – SBCC from time to time.
Qualification & Experience:
- We are looking for a qualified and experienced Project Manager to lead the project implementation through its four phases. Candidates with innovative and analytical thinking who enjoy working with communities on health and social development related issues are invited to apply. Specifically, we are looking for a highly motivated candidate with following qualification and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have at least a graduate degree in any subject. A post-graduate degree from a recognized university or institution is desirable but not essential.
- The candidate must have at least 10 years of experience, of which at least 5 years at a Project Officer level.
- The candidate should have experience of working with the communities in rural areas, especially with poorer and marginalized communities. Experience of working with community platforms like SHGs will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience of working on themes like Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Gender Empowerment will be preferred.
- Experience of traveling and working in Bihar is essential. Preference will be given to candidates located in Bihar.
- Familiarity with projects using principles of human centred design and other innovative methods will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written) in Hindi are necessary for this position, and familiarity with local dialects such as Bhojpuri, Magahi or Maithili will be an added advantage. Ability to prepare and send regular progress and monitoring reports will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Project Manager by 15th May,2022,10:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.