Position: Project Associate
No. of Position: 1
Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Reports To: Program Manager
About Project Concern International:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission “Rooted in community realities, we co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex development problems”. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low- income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
About the Project:
Prerna Technical Support Program (PTSP) is the community mobilization project with the support of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission (UPSRLM). The project is designed to strengthen UPSRLM in its core areas as well as in the emerging areas of health and nutrition (HN). The overall support entails- co-creation of a strategy with UPSRLM for system strengthening of UPSRLM in its core business areas and integration of HN; strengthening UPSRLM’s internal system, structures, institutional mechanisms and concomitant processes, and strengthening and mobilizing the community institutions of UPSRLM in its core business areas; providing technical knowhow to the UPSRLM for building HN strategy and designing strategic interventions on HN integration, building upon learning from successful models being implemented in Bihar and other states of India and elsewhere globally, and, providing systematic and catalytic support through cascade capacity building of staff and cadres, handholding, mentoring and quality assessment to ensure successful implementation of those interventions in a defined geography; and, generating dynamic field intelligence through strong measurement systems for providing deeper insight for decision making and program improvement, and
creating and sharing a digital knowledge repository with UPSRLM for scale-up preparedness of the HN integrated model across the state.
The Project Associate serves as a liaison to the Lead H&N. Project Associate’s responsibilities include
managing calendars, organizing, and coordinating executive outreach and external relations efforts; and
oversees special projects.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- S/he will assist the Lead Health & Nutrition in day-to-day management and completion of the
- S/he will support Lead-HN in keeping track of overall high-level deliverables of the project and
managing overall commitments and timelines of the project.
- S/he will support Lead Health & Nutrition to coordinate with internal stakeholders and external
stakeholders (including donor, client, other development partners, high-level officials etc.)
- S/he will support Lead-HN in responding to queries of team members and other stakeholders –
both verbally and in writing – in a timely and professional manner.
- S/he will be required to plan, organize, and coordinate meetings and workshops involving
internal and external stakeholders for Mission and PTSP as and when required. Circulate
meeting agenda, dockets, preparatory meeting notes and Minutes, and other relevant materials
for the meeting in a timely manner.
- S/he will prepare draft mails, speech, briefings, presentations, letters, note sheets, response to
queries of Government, invites etc. as per guidance of Lead H&N.
- S/he will search web, scientific literatures etc. for finding information on specific subject as per
guidance of Lead H&N.
- S/He will support the supervisor in regular follow up with District and Block Mission Teams on
task assigned and reports to be submitted.
- S/he will ensure effective management and update of all relevant database.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Graduate, Postgraduate (MBA preferred)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Graduate, Postgraduate (MBA preferred)
- 2-4 Years of work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or similar role
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer handling Skills, including use of MS Office i.e.- Word, Excel, Power point,
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable personality.
- Excellent articulation and organizing skills.
- Excellent written & verbal Hindi & English and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Candidate should have a good knowledge of Hindi typing, which is a must.
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
Interested candidates can apply by Sept 13, 2023, please find the below link for the application.
Uploading the CV is mandatory.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply. Those who have already applied earlier for this position are requested not to apply again.