Position: Program Officer- Health and Nutrition
Reporting Line: State Manager-Capacity Building
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – April 2023 to September 2023
About the Project:
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, new born and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community based organizations.
The Program Officer-HN will strategize and develop the training program related to Health & Nutrition (H&N) interventions to be implemented through BRLPS “JEEViKA” under the supervision of State Manager-CB. S/He will work closely with Health and Nutrition vertical of JEEViKA for developing and operationalizing various models of training which includes training of physical as well as digital contents. S/He will work closely with different verticals of JEEViKA to develop and finalize the training content, develop training methodology, modules, tools, facilitators guide related to HN and other interventions. S/He will lead the field testing of various tools developed under different programs and contextualize it for JEEViKA. S/He will also be responsible to strengthen capacity of state and district resource pool of JEEViKA to integrate HN with other verticals of JEEViKA.
Key roles and Responsibilities :
1. Content Development:
• Develop training materials, IEC tools, facilitators guide and training design for H&N and other innovations & pilots
• Support in developing digital contents for Health & Nutrition and various innovations & pilots.
• Lead the field testing of different modules, tools, digital content developed on H&N and other related themes.
• Analyze the field data, revise the tools, and finalize them in concurrence with HN and other verticals of JEEViKA.
2. Training Quality Assessment:
• Work closely with a team of thematic experts to formulate training methodology and develop systems for tracking the training flow.
• Develop methodology/strategy for quality assessment of various trainings related to H&N and different
• innovations & pilots.
• Ensure training quality of all the trainings using different quality assessment tools.
• Prepare a Quality Assessment Report on regular basis.
3. Training and Capacity Building:
• Conduct Training Need Assessment for JEEViKA staffs as and when required.
• Develop a training plan for JEEViKA staffs in consultation with concerned thematic vertical of JEEViKA.
• Work as a resource person as and when required.
• Prepare strategy notes, process documents, training reports, maintain data-base of the trainings of innovations & pilots in consultation with the concerned State Manager-JTSP.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• Post Graduate Degree/ Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Development or Social Sciences or Psychology or Science with 6-8 years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrated experience of facilitating participatory trainings.
• Experience of working with the government departments/ projects, at least part of it being at the State level.
• Demonstrated technical, management and supervisory skills.
• Good communication skills in English and local dialect.
• Good documentation skills both in English and Hindi will be an added advantage.
• Needs to have fair expertise in M.S. Office (MS word, Power Point Presentations, etc.)
• Proven ability to take initiative, problem solving, and work as part of team.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Program Officer- Health and Nutrition by 29th March 2023
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply