Position: Program Manager – SAFAL
Reporting Line: Lead Strategic Partnership & Systems
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – 12 months
About the Project:
Under the project, PCI proposes to enhance the life-skills and strengthening agency and self-efficacy of SHG leaders of JEEViKA to improve their knowledge, leadership abilities, and promote collective action to address local issues of cleanliness and healthy environment. JEEViKA has mobilized 11 million women from rural marginalized households into one million Self-Help Groups (SHGs), covering ~54% of the rural population of the state. Thus, project aims at enhancing psychosocial competencies and interpersonal skills of SHG leaders to help them make informed decisions, solve problems, think critically and creatively, communicate effectively, build healthy relationships, empathize with others, and cope with and manage their lives in a healthy and productive manner through the Gap Inc’s curriculum.
• Improve agency and resilience of SHG leaders.
• Increasing awareness on financial literacy, social entitlements, efficient execution of tasks, and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
• Enabling SHG leaders to effectively perform their leadership role and undertake collective action to address issues like, financial inclusion, gender-based violence and WASH.
• Create pool of community leaders who will cascade their life skill learning to the last mile community institution.
PCI will work with JEEViKA CBOs (Cluster Level Federation) to train SHG leaders.
PCI proposes to hire one Program Manager to lead the implementation of the Project: “Enhancing Life Skills of JEEViKA SHG members to Improve their Leadership Abilities and Promote Collective Action”. S/he will be accountable for the achievement of project goals and delivery of project outcomes. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of project activities, manage field teams and provide reports for the purpose of review and planning of project activities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Program Implementation & Management:-
• Develop a Detailed Implementation Plan for the project.
• Support in development of PACE Training tool for SHG level
• Support in development of community theatre group
• Extend support in identification, selection and induction of the field team
• Coordinate and liaise with JEEViKA district and block teams for smooth implementation project activities.
• Orient JEEViKA team and community institutions about the project objectives and outcomes
• Manage the field team, orient, mentor and hand hold as and when required
• Develop a tracking mechanism to ensure proper review and planning.
• Conduct frequent meetings with the programme team and JEEViKA for providing updates
2. Capacity Building:
• Participate actively in all orientation and training of trainer programmes.
• Observe the cascading of the training sessions with targeted JEEViKA CBOs members and provide constant feedback to field team for effective implementation of project
• Develop training plan and devise mechanisms for assessment of training quality.
3. Facilitate convergence:
• Establish a close rapport with all JEEViKA district, block and field functionaries to ensure smooth coordination and collaboration in implementation of project activities.
• Represent PCI in meeting organized by the donors and share the field experiences at such forums and platforms
4. Documentation and Reporting
• Engage actively for providing field insights
• Ensure documentation of best practices for showcasing the progress, challenges and learning
• Ensure regular flow of MIS data, undertake data analysis for taking corrective actions if any
• Provide to the PCI state team and donors timely reports on the project progress.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Competencies & Soft Skills
• Understanding of the development sector and the ability to understand the role of advocacy for scaling program.
• Possess leadership skill and is decisive, action-oriented and adaptable
• Strong networking and relationship building skills
• Ability to work against tight timelines
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft (MS) office
• Fluency in verbal and written English, Hindi and local language
• Willingness to travel to the field
• Candidates with prior experience of working in Bihar would be preferred
• Master’s Degree in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology or a related field from a reputed university/ institute.
• A minimum of 8(Eight) years of relevant professional experience in community development, including a minimum of three years of state-level experience in leading a women empowerment program.
• Experience of building and nurturing government relationships
• Experience of designing and executing capacity building and mobilization program
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Program Manager – SAFAL by 2nd April 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.