Position: Program Associate
No. of Vacancy: 1
Reporting Line: Program Manager (SRH)
Duration: 7 months
About the Project:
Through this project, PCI proposes to focus on developing and demonstrating critical metrics in the designated districts of Sheikhpura, Katihar, Khagaria and Patna urban PHCs, which can become models of FP and MH, which, in turn, can be showcased, replicated, and scaled up in other geographies in the future.This project seeks to optimise the use of a range of Government schemes, provisions and facility-level care around maternal health and family planning services by women and their families needing appropriate care by systematically working with Government health systems, Centres of excellence and development partner forum.
The project will focus on the following objectives:
i. Strengthen quality maternal health and family planning service delivery in identified priority districts of Katihar, Khagaria, Sheikhpura and the Urban PHCs of Patna, making them exemplars for learning and replication.
ii. Build institutional arrangements and effective mechanisms, comprising monitoring, mentoring, and putting data to work to improve the effectiveness and quality of the maternal health and family planning programme in the targeted areas.
iii. Engage community-based organisations to co-design and drive communication campaigns around SRHR and Maternal Health.
iv. Capture the key learning and manage knowledge related to the entire quality improvement process.
v. Enable identified facilities to reach the gold standard of quality care around Family planning and maternal health and achieve due certification for their quality.
PCI proposes to hire one Program Associate to provide technical support in the implementation of the Project at state level. S/he will be accountable for supporting the Program Manager for the timely achievement of project goals and delivery of project outcomes at state level. S/he will be responsible for supporting in the implementation of project activities and maintaining working relationship at the Patna UPHCs with relevant stakeholders, manage tracking of field teams and prepare reports for the purpose of review and planning of project activities.
a. The Program Associate will support the Program Manager in implementing program design and activities at state level, and tracking field interventions to fulfill the project goals and objectives. S/he will support to ensure the overall quality of the implementation of the project in all the intervention districts. S/he will also coordinate with the PCI state team to ensure the administrative, operations, and logistics support to the district team.
b. Support in developing overall work plans, activity timeline and key result areas for the project deliverables, and facilitating regular review of project deliverables, and other related activities.
c. Responsible for coordinating and supporting implementation & timely completion of program activities in Patna UPHCs for the project duration.
d. Support to Program Manager in administrative team management (work plan, leave, travel plan, activity report, performance plan etc.) for the field teams.
e. Work closely with the PCI state team and Program Manager, providing inputs and preparing regular donor reports on project implementation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Developing a detailed action plan and technical support strategies for the districts that align to achieve month wise program action plan commitments.
(2) Facility assessment of Patna UPHCs based on the guidelines provided under SUMAN, FPLMIS and HMIS, preparation of the report on the findings and development of work plan.
(3) Provide support to Program Manager in development of action plan for Maternal Health, Family planning and adolescent health programs at state level.
(1) Supporting Program Manager in development of a comprehensive work plan with clear demarcation of district-based activities with timelines for sharing with the districts.
(2) Ensuring development of monthly work plan and report, period review of status of work through desk reviews and UPHC visits to provide support, assess the progress, quality, and timeliness of the project goals.
(3) Support to Program Manager in administrative team management (work plan, leave, travel plan, activity report, performance plan etc.) for the project team.
(4) Prepare advance work plan and ensure the completion of activities as per the work plan for each quarter.
(5) Support Program Manager in the development of guidelines, resource materials and plan for the capacity building of the project team.
(C) Guidance material / capacity building
(1) Review of the program guidelines and operational procedures related to SRH, MH and FP to ensure development of capacity building materials (training modules, guides, checklists).
(2) Support the district teams with inputs, tools, and guidelines for gap assessment of the facilities as per the operational guidelines of SUMAN, LAQSHYA and FPLMIS.
(3) Develop the community engagement work plan for Sheikhpura district and capacity building of Vikas Mitra, beauticians and Yuva Mitra for family planning to integrate the issues with their work with the community.
(D) Supportive Supervision and Quality assurance
(1) Ensuring development of monthly work plan and report of the team, period review of status of work through desk reviews and field visits to provide support, assess the progress, quality, and timeliness of the work.
(2) Matching of workplan and project activities along with corresponding budget heads periodically, preferably though a tracker.
(3) Analyze the HMIS data and develop trends and analysis for the various thematic areas under the RMNCH+A framework.
(4) Facilitate quality assurance mechanisms under various programmes such Family Planning, LaQShya, SUMAN, NQAC etc
(E) Data Management and Documentation
(1) Supporting Program Manager in building and strengthening the resource pool for the program to develop materials, provide technical support, documentation, and knowledge management.
(2) Prepare and share Periodic District wise progress reports for review and assessment with Program Manager.
(3) Review of the program guidelines and operational procedures related to SRH, MH and FP to ensure development of capacity building materials (training modules, guides, checklists).
(4) Support in preparation of a complete checklist along with roles, responsibilities, timelines, and dates for the community communication campaign focusing on MH and FP.
(5) Support in the process of learning, concurrent monitoring, identifying, and capturing voices of champions and beneficiaries, knowledge management and documentation of best practices.
(6) Collate, analyse, and share Periodic District wise progress reports for review & assessment.
Any other work assigned by Supervisor or Associate Director.
Candidate must have Bachelor Degree/Diploma or equivalent degree in Rural Development/Social work/Sociology/Management/Science or a related field from a reputed university/ institute.
1. The ideal candidate shall have substantial experience of working (2-3 years) with government and development organizations and expertise in preferably one or more of the following domains:
• Maternal Health
• Family Planning
• Quality assessment programs like LaQshya and Suman
• Implementation of Govt. flagship programs such as PMSMA, JSY, JSSK etc.
2. Experience of building and nurturing government relationships and partner organizations.
3. Candidates must have excellent written/ verbal communication, people management skills and team management skills.
1. Knowledge and experience with FP and gender approaches and tools.
2. Excellent oral and written English skills.
3. Knowledge of local languages is a plus.
4. Sophisticated digital literacy including word processing, database systems, and PowerPoint. Strong command of excel and budget management is a plus.
Interested Candidates can apply for the position of Program Associate by 26th June 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.