Position Name: MIS Officer-THR Nutrition Enterprise
Position Reports to: Lead Health and Nutrition
About Project Concern International
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
PCI India, as a technical partner to UPSRLM is supporting the Mission in improving the maternal and child nutrition through sustainable decentralized production and distribution of Take-Home Rations (THR) through Food Processing Enterprises led by women Self-Help Groups (SHGs).
The two largest govt. programs, ICDS and UPSRLM, have joined hands to address malnutrition through availability and accessibility of nutritional food supplements at household level through its last mile reach to the vulnerable households, and also economic empowerment of marginalized women by engaging them in income generation activities and contributing to the household income. UPSRLM has already promoted more than 4.8 lakh women’s SHGs covering more than 55 lakh households from marginalized communities. It is expected to reach directly to 1.2 crore rural households covering a total of 33% of the rural population of the state in next two years. The decentralized local production of THR through SHG led nutrition enterprises, will ensure stronger accountability, reduced leakage, generate local employment, and greater empowerment of women, as majority of the beneficiaries of THR are SHG households. The THR initiative supports the twin objectives of improving nutritional outcomes and promotion of large-scale women’s economic empowerment.
This is an embedded position with the UPSRLM State Mission Office in Lucknow. Under the overall guidance of the COP and direct supervision of the Project Lead, will be responsible for managing and monitoring project progress through the timely collection and analysis of high quality MIS data and helping to ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
The MIS officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the MIS activities of the THR Project, assisting the project lead in preparing periodic and annual reports on project progress, monitoring the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the Project, and being responsible for the collection and analysis of different data in relation to the project activities.
The MIS Officer works in close collaboration with the project team, the M&E team of UPSRLM, and the THR enterprise teams in the field.
The MIS Officer’s Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist the COP and HN Lead with development of the project MIS, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database development and management, and tracking periodic progress.
- Lead role in overseeing data quality assessment, data collation, storage, analysis, and reporting, ensuring that data is of high quality and audit worthy.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of program and donor reports in collaboration with program staff.
- Coordinate with staff and partners agencies for conducting special and periodic dipstick survey and developing learning documents and project insights. To ensure outcomes and lessons learned are integrated into the project and shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide training to field staff and assigned staff of THR enterprise dealing with enterprise MIS to ensure quality and timely capturing of the data as per project design.
- Design and manage gender-disaggregated beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Skilled in developing ODK (open data kit) data forms and in managing the platform
- Create data visualization applications for field team
- Training the field staffs around project MIS system and data quality as and when required
- Conduct regular on-site/virtual monitoring for validation of MIS reports, data quality, process monitoring and output tracking
- Primarily responsible for quality data management and maintenance of databases
- Any other related assignment as given by the supervisor(s)
Required Skills and Experience
Masters degree preferably in Statistics, Demography, Economics, Public health or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software like stata/ SPSS etc;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software and data visualization softwares;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi.
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of MIS Officer by using the following link by 2nd January 2023 latest by 5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted