Job Title: Manager – THR Manufacturing Unit (CoE)
Report to: Sr. Manager – Enterprise Development
Location: Uttar Pradesh, India
About Project Concern International (PCI) India:
Project Concern International (PCI) India, a registered society under the Society Registrations Act, has been working in India since 1998. With the vision of building a happy, healthy, safe, and sustainable world for all, PCI deploys community mobilization strategies to co-create and scale sustainable solutions to complex social issues and improve development outcomes. PCI’s deep community connect built over decades equipped it to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the marginalized communities. PCI drives interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by partnering with governments, private sectors, and development organizations. Over the last two decades, we have designed efficacious and scalable solutions to complex development problems such as improving child dietary diversity, gender-based violence, etc. which have been scaled-up by the government through its own resources. We are recognized as a high-quality technical partner to the state and national governments, having a partnership with the governments and/or the government-led institutions at national level and with the states of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Odisha, Tripura, etc. Currently, we have presence in more than 13 states, directly reaching out to more than 7 million lives through our interventions focused on health, nutrition, women’s economic empowerment, gender, adolescents, social protection, and emergency response. Please visit our website to learn more about our values, mission, vision, and our work in India.
About THR Program:
PCI, India is a technical partner of the Uttar Pradesh State Rural Livelihood Mission. PCI is providing technical assistance around integrations of Health & Nutrition interventions with community platforms promoted by UPSRLM. Further, UPSRLM has converged with the Department of Child Development, Govt. of UP to produce and supply supplementary food products (THR) to beneficiaries of ICDS by SHGs. Production and supply of supplementary food production through Self-help groups is a flagship program of Govt. Uttar Pradesh. The two largest govt. programs, ICDS and UPSRLM, have joined hands to address malnutrition through the availability and accessibility of nutritional food supplements at the household level through its last mile reach to the vulnerable households, and economic empowerment of marginalized women by engaging them in income generation activities and contributing to the household income. The decentralized local production of THR through SHG-led nutrition enterprises, will ensure stronger accountability, reduced leakage, generate local employment, and greater empowerment of women, as a majority of the beneficiaries of THR are SHG households.
PCI, India aims to strengthen and support the efforts of UPSRLM on this initiative. This initiative is being implemented in 43 Districts of UP, where decentralized THR production will ensure sustainable livelihoods for rural women and quality THR to beneficiaries under the ICDS scheme of the Department of Child Development.
Summary of the position
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Manager to lead and manage the Take Home Ration Manufacturing Unit, which is owned by Self Help Groups (SHG) and make it a Center of Excellence. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing operational strategies to achieve sustainable growth, profitability, quality control, and inventory management of the THR Manufacturing unit. The professional will be positioned at the Center of Excellence (THR manufacturing Unit) for supervision of the day-to-day activities of the THR manufacturing Units assigned to him.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day operational and functional management of the THR unit.
- Develop and implement operational plans, policies, and procedures for the THR unit to achieve its objectives and targets.
- Develop & implement strategies to optimize manufacturing processes, increase efficiency, and productivity, and reduce costs.
- Manage and oversee the entire production process, including planning, scheduling, and quality control.
- Develop and implement inventory management strategies to ensure the availability of raw materials and finished goods.
- Lead a team of production workers, and support staff to ensure that the manufacturing unit runs smoothly and meets its production targets.
- Develop and implement quality control procedures to ensure that the finished products meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure the timely updating of the digital tools, data management and daily reporting.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and standards, and maintain appropriate records and reports.
- Develop and maintain relationships with DMMU, SMMU, and other stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the manufacturing unit.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies and equipment to improve manufacturing processes and product quality.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of the THR unit and develop strategies for continuous improvement and learning.
- Prepare and present regular reports on production, quality control, and inventory management to the senior management team.
- Ensure the manufacturing unit complies with all safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Any other responsibilities required by Senior Management of the UP-state team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Agri Business, Food Technology, Rural Management, PGDM-RM, Development Management, or a related field from reputed institutions.
2. Experience & desirable skill
- About 5 years of experience in managing a social enterprise, or manufacturing unit, preferably in the food and nutrition industry.
- Working experience with State Rural Livelihood Mission will be an added advantage.
- Working Knowledge of the Hindi language is essential.
- Strong leadership, team management, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and engage teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with a deep understanding of the social enterprise ecosystem and market dynamics.
- Proven ability to develop and implement operational plans, policies, and procedures, and to monitor and evaluate performance against targets.
- Knowledge of financial management, budgeting, revenue generation, and cost control strategies.
- Strong communication, networking, and partnership-building skills, with a proven ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, partners, and donors.
- Knowledge of safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Experience in implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working in SHG-based enterprises will be an added advantage.
If you are passionate about social enterprise, have the required skills and experience, and are looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact, please apply with your updated resume and cover letter.