Position Title: Manager – Innovation
Reporting to: Lead Program Design and Quality Assurance
ABOUT PROJECT CONCERN INTERNATIONAL
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
The major role of the Manager – Innovation will be to support the Lead Program Design and quality assurance in developing and managing design projects, Innovations and Social Behaviour Change strategies by applying the design thinking process across domains, understanding ground realities through field research, coming up with holistic and appropriate solutions that are scalable in nature and getting a product/intervention expand to a wider population. For assigned Design Projects, S/he will be responsible to lead the field implementation team, operational planning of the pilots, and measurement/operational research activities and relevant documentation of small pilots conducted under the project.At the research Front, S/he will extend technical support in designing, implementing, and analyzing various research initiatives undertaken by PCI India. S/he will also provide specialized support in developing materials for internal and external stakeholders including new business development initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Idea generation, , writing concept notes, developing and testing the theory of change through innovation sprints and short duration innovation projects.
- Support in establishing and running learning labs for developing and testing various innovations related to ongoing programs.
- Support in the conceptualization of SBCC solutions and related tools based on projects’ mandate, strategy for achieving outcomes through available Platforms and touchpoints, and recognizing related barriers and needs to achieve outcomes.
- Provide support in designing, formatting, and packaging of tools for development in coordination with designing agency and respective vertical of the projects to deliver the final product for implementation
- Prepare concept notes and project proposals through close interaction and coordination with donors and other stakeholders as a part of New Business Development.
- Support in designing measurement framework in consultation with the CML team for designated pilots and implementation of the proposed studies
- Provide support in Generating and reviewing evidence using scientific methods appropriate for programmatic needs
- Post Graduate in Development Studies/Economics/MBA/ PGDM or equivalent from a Tier-1 Management/ Professional Institute.
- 5-6 years of total work experience in management consulting, strategy, business analytics, project management etc.
- Experience in strategic documentation for the organizational leadership, which must be easily digestible, unambiguous, engaging, informative, and convincing
- Demonstrated ability to perform standard analyses such as secondary research, performance analyses, competitive analyses, market analyses, etc.
- Experience of working in a development sector will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the working of non-government organization.