About the Position
- Job Title: District Coordinator
- Number of positions: 2
- Location: Any two district in Bihar
- Salary Range: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Type: Project Based (15 months starting 1st April, 2024)
- Qualification required: At least a graduate degree in any subject. A post-graduate degree from a recognized university or institution is desirable but not essential.
- Experience required: The candidate must have about 6 years of experience in having worked with different stakeholders
- Skill and Competencies:
- The candidate should have experience working with the communities in rural areas, especially with poorer and marginalized communities. Experience working with community platforms like SHGs will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with experience working on themes like Family Planning, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), and Gender Empowerment will be preferred.
- Experience of traveling and working in Bihar is essential.
- Familiarity with principles of human-centered design and other innovative methods will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both spoken and written) in Hindi are necessary for this position, and familiarity with local dialects such as Bhojpuri, Magahi, or Maithili will be an added advantage. The ability to prepare and send regular progress and monitoring reports in English will be an added advantage.
Application closure date: 11-February-2024
About the Role
The District Coordinators will have to manage the implementation and operations at the district level including the management of the Block Coordinators and community workers, coordination with the partner organization on field requirements, coordination with the technical team, convergence with concerned government departments, and monitoring of project activities at the block level. They will have to support the senior project management team in synthesizing knowledge from the field, coordinating with partner organizations, district-level convergence with government departments, writing reports and updates, evaluation-related work, etc.
- Attending the training/orientation program conducted by the Project Management team to understand the project background, objectives, interventions, target group, timelines, geographic coverage, progress, and performance monitoring tools, and the impact evaluation plan.
- Preparing and submitting, for approval, to the Project Manager a detailed implementation plan for the assigned district for the interventions shortlisted during the User Testing phase.
- Identifying, interviewing, selecting, and orienting the required number and profile of Block Coordinators with the project background, objectives, and their job functions & responsibilities.
- Assisting the Project Manager in training the Block and Community Coordinators for implementing each program intervention by explaining its purpose, target group (primary & secondary), implementation steps, use of promotional tools, and the expected outcomes from each intervention.
- Traveling to the assigned villages to supervise and monitor the work of Block and Community Coordinators on a day-to-day basis.
- Achieving the implementation targets assigned by the Project Manager, in terms of coverage area and beneficiary households, smooth functioning of Block and Community Coordinators, and the expected results & desired outcomes from each intervention.
- Identifying and resolving the problems/issues/challenges faced by the Block and Community Coordinators in discharging their day-to-day duties, and updating the Project Manager about the project progress and performance through weekly feedback.
- Escalating the difficult problems/issues to Project Manager for resolution, implementing the solutions provided by the Project Manager and updating the Project Manager about the effectiveness of the solutions provided.
- Providing feedback to the Project Coordinator for resolving the coordination related issues with stakeholder departments such as Health Department, Railways, JEEViKA, ICDS and other stakeholders for smooth implementation of the program interventions.
- Providing input into the design and implementation of the Baseline and Endline Surveys to be conducted by the project partner Population Council.
- Updating the Project Manager on the project progress and performance on a regular basis and analyzing the performance indicators and taking corrective actions/measures to ensure achievement of project objectives as per the agreed timelines.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Project Manager or Director from time to time.
- Reporting to:– Project Manager
- Reporting from: Block Co-ordinator
- Stakeholders: Government district officials from various government departments
About the Project
PCI India is implementing an innovative project in Bihar that will use a human-centered design approach to pilot-test a set of innovative solutions aimed at addressing the vulnerabilities and SRHR needs of the population segments impacted by migration.
The project is being designed and implemented collaboratively with a partner organization, in four phases over 24 months. The partner organizations have role in designing and conducting the impact evaluation while PCI India is responsible for conducting the user testing and implementation of the innovative solutions. PCI India will also work closely with the partner organization to set up a Knowledge Center on Migration and SRH, and the production of knowledge products like a program/policy brief, research publications, and other appropriate products based on project learning. The key target segment for the study will be currently married women of reproductive age and their husbands in two high out-migration affected districts of Bihar.
What can you expect in PCI
- A warm, inclusive and happy work environment.
- Performance driven reward mechanism.
- Best of class benefits with competitive remunerations.
- Health Insurance coverage for self, spouse & Children.
- Group Terms Life Insurance and Group Accident Insurance for Self.
- All other statutory benefits.
- Regular Recognition of performance and PCI Value display in work
- An empowering organisation structure which values individual’s skills, competencies and potential.
- Opportunities to operate in cross functional role.
- Higher responsibilities and larger roles are merit based.
- Young Talent Programs for developing future leaders.
- Leadership roles for women is encouraged and given preference in selection and training.
- Applications will be shortlisted based on the specified criteria mentioned in the Job Description.
- Shortlisted candidates will appear for a written assignment (if required).
- Group Discussions may be part of the interview process for certain positions.
- The process could also include presentation of the assignment.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend one or more rounds of panel interview/s.
The complete process usually takes 2 to 3 weeks. If your application is not shortlisted, you will receive a mail from the People & Culture team. Those moving to the final round of interviews will be hearing from the People & Culture team. We prefer in person meetings but in case of location distances, we are happy to meet you virtually.
After the final round, if you are not selected for the position advertised, we will inform you over a mail. However, we invite you to apply to other open positions. We always look forward to engaging with talent that add value to our endeavours in various capacities.