Position: District Coordinator -RECOVER Bihar
Reporting Line: Program Manager – RECOVER Bihar
Location: Madhepura (Bihar)
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – Till February,2023
About the Project:
PCI is working with the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society to provide technical assistance to JEEViKA – one of the largest community platform globally of women Self Help Groups (SHGs). PCI with funding support from The David & Lucile Packard foundation is planning to implement the RECOVER-Bihar project to improve the COVID-19 vaccination coverage in the rural population of Bihar. The main objective of this project is to strengthen the Supply-Demand gap in COVID-19 Vaccination. The RECOVER-Bihar project is focusing on two distinct sets of issues (supply-demand gap and equity issue) impeding COVID-19 vaccination coverage in rural Bihar. The project will introduce innovative solutions which will – strengthen vaccination session planning and boost the community mobilization activities to reinforce positive behaviors.
District Coordinator shall ensure quality implementation of the project deliverables adhering to the plan made for COVID vaccination in her/his assigned district in close coordination with the district administration, Health department and JEEViKA. He /She has to build and keep strong coordination and linkages with DM/DDC/ADM/Civil Surgeon/ DPM and HN Manger JEEViKA and all the other stakeholders for developing a coordinated and conducive environment to get the best outcomes. He /She should strive towards building the capacity and mentoring the field level functionaries to have proper due listing and home-based counselling to the listed beneficiaries, community-based awareness and proper management & delivery of COVID-19 vaccines at session sites in order to saturate and ensure optimum coverage of COVID-19 vaccination.
Key roles and Responsibilities of the District Coordinator:
- Work closely with district administration, department of Health, JEEViKA, ICDS, Panchayati Raj and development partners for proper planning and vaccine delivery management
- Facilitate and mentor the block coordinators to ensure microplanning, resource mapping, identifying and enlisting beneficiaries and conducting social mobilization activities.
- Coordination & Networking and advocacy with Community influencers, religious institutions, Traditional healers etc. to get support in addressing resistance for COVID 19 Vaccination.
- Assist in selection & recruitment procedure of Block Coordinators, Verifier and Village mobilization coordinators.
- Organizing district level workshops and capacity building activities for block level officials and field staffs
- Supportive supervision of Block Coordinators for conducting planned activities and ensuring proper reporting of program activities, documentation and record keeping.
- Regular field visits for supportive supervision of microplanning, ongoing community-based events, community mobilization activities and vaccination sites to support and address if any issue comes up
- Proper district level documentation and reporting of program activities
- Conducting district level planning and review meeting.
- Preparation and sharing of success stories/ case study with state team
- Represent the organization at different forums and meetings held at district and block level
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action in consultation with State Program Team.
- Any other activities as assigned by supervisor and the organization.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s Degree preferably in Social Work/ Social Science/ Rural Development/Health and General Management from a reputed university/ institute.
- Work Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in the field of Immunization/community mobilization / public health, preferably in Bihar.
- Working experience in INGO/NGO in the area of community intervention / public health program would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of NHM, SRLM, social structures and community level dynamics of Bihar.
- Personality attributes:
- Strong sense of professional commitment, maturity & social accountability and individual’s right to health.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, including writing skills in English and Hindi.
- Ability to communicate effectively in local dialects in Bihar.
- Willingness to travel within the state as per project needs.
- Skills Attributes:
- Ability to write and type in Hindi fonts will be added advantage.
- Consultative and collaborative approach; ability to work with diverse groups.
- Proven ability to take initiative, problem solving and work as a team member
- Working Knowledge of computer M.S excel, M.S office
Interested candidates can apply for the position of District Co-ordinator by 10th September,2022, 5:00 PM
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply