Position: Consultant (Supervisor )
Reporting Line: MLE Officer
Project– Culture of Schooling
Duration: 1 month with Active engagement for 28 days
About Project Concern International/India (PCI):
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls.PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will havethe power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improveand activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCIhas maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in thecountry, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helpingto ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment servicesand information for generations to come.
Please visit our website www.pciglobal.in to learn more about our work in India.
About COS Project: In partnership with University of Texas, Austin PCI is currently conducting a survey in UP to assess the impact of formal education on the kinds of reasons people use, the beliefs and values they adopt, and the kind of behaviours they engage in. To examine this empirically, we will conduct research in populations of diverse faiths and denominations that encompass a spectrum from no schooling to multi-generational schooling. The overall goal of the study is to understand how scientific and religious beliefs and practices are acquired across a variety of cultural and religious contexts across the diversified population in multiple countries including India.
- Collect primary data using semi-structured interview schedules from children of 6-14 years of age, their parents and school teachers.
- Conduct school assessment in selected schools using school assessment formats.
- All data will be collected using Qualtrics application developed by University of Texas.
- Assume active role in all types of field works geared towards collecting primary data for a variety of purposes including pre-testing of measurement tools, house-listing, and updating records/information necessary for strengthening project management.
- Ensure complete adherence to a stipulated protocol developed for data collection, collation, and transmission.
- Any other relevant support or work delegated by supervisor as and when required.
- Apart from the above-mentioned role they will supervise investigators to ensure the data quality.
- Eligibility Criteria:
Work Experience: Minimum 7 years of experience of data collection and field supervision
Education- Graduation in any stream