Position Title: Consultant – Social Media
No of Position: 01
Reporting Line: Director – Strategic Partnerships & Systems
Location: Patna (Bihar)
Duration: 6 months starting from July (22 days in a month)
About the Project – JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
PCI is collaborating with Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS) to provide Technical Assistance (TA) for Project Jeevika, to build institutional capacity of the BRLPS/ Jeevika teams at State, District, Block and Village level to develop a scalable Jeevika model to integrate and promote maternal child health, family planning, nutrition, and sanitation activities through community platforms through JEEViKA Technical support Programme ( JTSP ). This TA is being provided by PCI with the grant support from Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Since 2015, JTSP has played a significant role in testing, layering and integrating health and nutrition work into the business processes of JEEViKA. The key achievement of JTSP between 2015 and 2021 has been the successful integration of Health and Nutrition (HN) within the livelihood’s framework of JEEViKA, making it a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, whose learning is being replicated in other states of India. JTSP has been integrally involved in developing JEEViKA’s internal capacities, processes and systems.
The key elements of the current JTSP design and implementation is towards successful transition of the efforts undertaken so far in impacting HN outcomes to JEEViKA and its community institutions for ensuring a sustained engagement, strengthening capacity of its personnel at all levels, honing managerial skills and enhancing their operational capability to implement programmes effectively and efficiently.
As an effort to enhance the visibility of JEEViKAs work across the globe and to build social media presence and strategies for JEEViKA, Project Concern International plans to support in setting-up systems and building capacity of the in-house team over a period with initial support in all required operational capacities. PCI aims to support JEEViKA in increasing its outreach on social media platforms and use these platforms for promoting the exemplary work being done across different verticals of JEEViKA. The objective of the support being extended is to build social media strategies for JEEViKA which would be adopted by them and would become a part of their long-term communication strategy.
JEEViKA is India’s largest state level women’s socio-economic empowerment program, working directly with 10 million (1 Crore) families in rural Bihar and is one of the flagship programs for poverty alleviation by the Government of Bihar. The program aims at improvement in the quality of lives of rural households and thus improve well- being through a process of diversifying and enhancing household-level incomes and improve access to and use of services amongst rural households. JEEViKA is a successful model and the massive community outreach will require further support to result in digital transformation in rural Bihar. JEEViKA has set for itself a Vision to enhance coverage of more and more rural families into the SHG fold, escalate rural credit markets for enabling more productive investments, diversify livelihoods opportunities and upgrade the existing activities through technical support for better backward and forward linkages, foster and strengthen convergence with government programs, contribute more to the matters of high importance like Climate Change, Water Conservation, Access to Green Energy and Environment Protection, supplement extension services and build on the existing entrepreneurial abilities of its member households.
The current emerging need is to revisit the System level support extended by its State, district and block offices while strengthening and nurturing leadership capacities of its community institutions thereby enabling them to lead, plan, review and supervise their own course/plan of action built around the vision that the Community institutions set for themselves. JEEViKA has identified clear contours and it is, thus, imperative that the system provides support in translating the vision into action through continued partnership and robust engagement with the Community institutions and its leadership coupled with the right kind of mentoring support.
As a forward-looking strategy, JTSP seeks support of a consultant to develop and leverage social media handles for JEEViKA through effective strategies to match with the existing social media presence and for enhancing their online presence in future which will support in showcasing JEEViKA’s work globally.
The proposed support from JTSP will enable JEEViKA to shape its social media strategies and oversee organizations interactions with public using a unified voice.
Scope of the Assignment:
1) Detailed discussions with JEEViKA communication team to understand its present social media strategy.
2) Interact with JEEViKA officials to seek their views on social media platforms and their use across different verticals.
3) Designing and implementing social media strategy to align with organization’s communication goals.
4) Building social media presence of JEEViKA on different online platforms.
5) Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content as per the frequency of posts required by JEEViKA (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news).
6) Monitor SEO & post traffic metrics and take requisite action to improve JEEViKA’s search and visibility metrics.
7) Manage JEEViKA’s online communities to build respectful and appropriate engagement.
8) Communicate with the followers and respond to their queries timely.
9) Respond to comments on each of the social media accounts.
10) Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout, twitter account photographs, etc.)
11) Online brand building for JEEViKA’s producer companies as and when required.
12) Analysing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
13) Capacity building of in-house team on content creation & best practices for online promotion.
The Methodology followed to undertake these would be discussions with JEEViKA’s Program Coordinator- Knowledge Management and Communication & other JEEViKA officials along with reviewing related documents.
1) Detailed social media strategy for JEEViKA for all online platforms.
2) Implementation of JEEViKA’s social media strategy approved by the management.
3) Capacity building of the inhouse team on all social media handling methods & strategies.
4) Enhanced visibility of JEEViKA globally with the strengthened social media presence.
Experience & Expertise:
1) The Consultant should hold a PG or must be a graduate with technical skills necessary to
complete this consultancy assignment
2) Minimum 1 year of work experience as a social media consultant/officer/manager/executive
3) Hands on experience in content development and management
4) Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, YouTube , LinkedIn, Pinterest,
Instagram, and other social media platforms, current trends and best practices
5) Excellent copywriting and communication skills in English and Hindi
6) Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, audio, video & graphics)
7) Sound knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
8) Experience of having undertaken at least one assignment in Bihar or familiarity with Bihar
context will be given preference
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Consultant – Social Media by 7th July,2022,5:00 pm
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
Female candidates are encouraged to apply