Position: Consultant-Family Planning Convergence Program (JTSP)
Reporting Line: Associate Director-Family Planning
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – 6 months starting from September 2023
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community-based organizations
Key Role & Responsibilities:
1. Program Operation Activities
• Provide support in program operation activities designed at the state, district and block level
• Support in ensuring the implementation of work plan of District Coordinators at the monthly basis
• Plan and ensure regular review and meetings for program activities with the district team
• Visit to the districts and blocks for supervision of program activities of DCs and provide technical support in implementation of the activities
• Develop and execute capacity building plans for district team
2. Coordination with the stakeholders
• Support in ensuring the coordination with state level functionaries of SHSB and JEEViKA
• Participate in the meeting and consultative discussions
3. Documentation of Program Activities and Knowledge Management
• Support in documentation of activities at the state level, like reports and minutes, concept notes, monthly updates
4. Data Management & analysis
• Ensure data analysis and report on program progress
• Develop monthly updates of the program data for program review
• Post Graduate degree in Social Work/ Social Science/Public Health, Rural development or any other relevant fields.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including a minimum three years of divisional / Regional level experience in managing & leading health programs.
• Experience of building and nurturing government relationships.
• Experience of designing and executing social mobilization program
• Experience of working around and managing Family Planning programs would be given preference.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Consultant –Family Planning Convergence Program by 27th August 2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.