Position: Consultant Documentation – Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP)
Reporting Line: Program Manager (UPAMA)
Number of Positions: 1
Duration: – 2 months (maximum 7 working days) starting from August,2023
About the Project:
Through this project, PCI proposes to focus on developing and demonstrating critical metrics in the designated districts of Sheikhpura, Katihar, Khagaria and Patna urban PHCs, which can become models of FP and MH, which, in turn, can be showcased, replicated, and scaled up in other geographies in the future. This project seeks to optimise the use of a range of Government schemes, provisions and facility-level care around maternal health and family planning services by women and their families needing appropriate care by systematically working with Government health systems, Centres of excellence and development partner forums.
The project will focus on the following objectives:
• Strengthen quality maternal health and family planning service delivery in identified priority districts of Katihar, Khagaria, Sheikhpura and the Urban PHCs of Patna, making them exemplars for learning and replication.
• Build institutional arrangements and effective mechanisms, comprising monitoring, mentoring, and putting data to work to improve the effectiveness and quality of the maternal health and family planning programme in the targeted areas.
• Engage community-based organisations to co-design and drive communication campaigns around SRHR and Maternal Health.
• Capture the key learning and manage knowledge related to the entire quality improvement process. Enable identified facilities to reach the gold standard of quality care around Family planning and maternal health and achieve due certification for their quality.
• Researching and shaping the GPDP document and developing a comprehensive document with inclusion of socio – cultural issues with gender perspective for print ready copy to provide community-based training and wider dissemination.
Scope of Work
The selected Consultant is expected to work with PCI India to detail, develop and execute the following requirements:
• Conceptualization and editing of the GPDP document: Consultant will be responsible for overall designing, flow, and inclusion of socio – cultural content to the document through gender lens. This will include researching relevant literature already available and deciding the appropriate content for the document as per the current policies and programs.
• Content, Language, and Structure: The content of the document should be relevant to the topic and theme, language easy to comprehend, in the form of a ready reckoner training module, complete with illustrations which can be used easily for providing training to PRI members in the community.
Qualifications , Experience and Competencies:
• Preferred Masters in Rural Management/Social Work/Social Science or any other relevant field
• Should be fluent in Hindi and English (written and spoken).
• Should have at least 5 years of experience working with Panchayati raj department in any capacity and possess good understanding and command over GPDP policies.
• Should have excellent documentation skills and prior experience of developing trainers’ module etc. is highly desirable.
• Should possess significant experience in working with government departments.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Consultant Documentation – Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by 15th August,2023.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status.
Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.