Position: Consultant – Convergence
Reporting Line: State Lead-Health and Nutrition
Number of Positions: 1
Duration – 3 months ( 5th Jan-24-31st-Mar-24)
About Project Concern International
PCI India has been working in India since 1998. We drive interventions to transform the lives of communities at scale by solving complex social issues.
Our decades of deep community connection have equipped us to discover the root causes of social and developmental challenges faced by the communities, including the marginalised ones. Through our evidence-based programming and sophisticated measurements, we design solutions that are efficacious and scalable. We are recognised for providing high-quality technical assistance to both national and state governments.
In the past year, PCI India reached more than 1.5 crore, i.e. 15 million people in 1649 blocks of 163 districts in 14 states.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community-based organizations
Scope of Work for the consultant
• Handholding & mentoring of Manager HN, Block project manager, AC & CC of JEEViKA to integrate the Routine Immunization awareness activities in the SHG platform of JEEViKA.
• Support assigned Block/ CLF of JEEViKA in conducting the SBCC activities, training and mentoring
the JEEViKA cadres, community members and FLWs.
• Advocacy with the health department for Routine Immunization related training of the
JEEViKA managers, cadres and FLWs and quality assurance of the training.
• Conduct the field visit for capacity building, Advocacy with the line departments and supervision
and to provide handholding support to JEEViKA cadres, managers, ANMs, ASHAs, ASHA
Facilitators, and AWWs.
• Develop a prototype for enhancing the Routine immunization coverage among the vulnerable
community engaging the SHG members.
• Support CLF / BPIU in planning & execution of designed CBE campaigns in coordination with the
MOIC and PHC staff.
• Documentation & report writing of different training/ interventions.
• Provide analyzed data and reports on training implementation as per programmatic requirements
under the guidance of the supervisor.
• Identify & raise the CHC/ Block-wise gap in training
• Coordination for convergence between JEEVIKA and Health Department towards strengthening community mobilization for improving RI coverage through SHG platforms.
• Post Graduate degree in Social Work/ Social Science/Public Health, Rural development or any other relevant fields.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in public health, including a minimum three years of divisional / Regional level experience in managing & leading health programs.
Interested candidates can apply for the position Consultant-Convergence by 1st January 2024.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.