Position Title: Consultant – Content Development
No of Position: 1
Reporting Line: Lead- Strategic Partnership & Systems, JTSP
Duration: 60 days spread over 4 months
JTSP proposes to extend support to JEEViKA in building capacities of community resource persons to deal with the issue of contaminated water which is widely prevalent in Bihar as this has far reaching damaging impacts on the health and nutrition thereby productivity of the rural households. The issue of quality in water and the meagre coverage of piped water supply in the state prompted the state government to devise its ambitious “Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal” scheme as part of its agenda of Good Governance and it resulted in the ambitious Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal scheme under the 7 Nischay programme of the Government of Bihar. Against target of providing clean drinking water in the homes of approximately 2 crore households Bihar is very close to achieve the target. But a concentrated effort is required to promote judicious use of potable water as well as sufficient community engagement in the process. JEEViKA community institutions can be instrumental in community mobilization leading to the core problem of health hazards and economic shocks to the community at large through the consumption of contaminated water. To improve the community participation in water governance and usability department is initiating a pilot project with engagement of JEEViKA didi’s. This pilot will be done in one block of Darbhanga and Vaishali district. Learning from these pilots will be scaled across Bihar state.
PCI is extending its support to develop collaterals and tools to improve service delivery of Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal’ through a strong community engagement process led by JEEViKA community institution. Reinforcing behavior change in the community for strengthening the service delivery will be key element of the support by building capacities of a dedicated pool of CRPs who would be engaged in the process.
Consultant will have to develop modules and toolkit for JEEViKA resource persons. These tools will be developed for enabling CRPs for better convergence with ‘Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal’ to promote judicious water use and effective community engagement to reduced health burden linked with water borne diseases.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop modules for training of JEEViKA didi(CRPs)on:
- Salient features of ‘Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal’
- Benefits of using tap water – reduction in health shocks
- Mobilization of Community platforms for potable water (Jal Chaupal and WIMC)
- Roles and responsibilities of JEEViKA didi in effective implementation of ‘Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal’
- Triggering tool for community mobilization
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:
Qualifications & Experience:
- PG degree in Rural Development/Social Work/Master from any discipline from reputed institution.
- A minimum of 8(Eight) years of relevant professional experience in community development, including a minimum of three years of state-level experience in leading a communication program
- Understanding of building and nurturing relationships with community institutions
- Experience of designing and executing capacity building and mobilization program
Skills and Competencies
- Understanding of the development sector and the ability to understand the n
- Possess leadership skill and is decisive, action-oriented and adaptable
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to work against tight timelines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft (MS) office
- Fluency in verbal and written English, Hindi and local language
- Candidates with prior experience of working in Bihar would be preferred
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Consultant – Content Development by 25th September,2022.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
Female candidates are encouraged to apply