Position Title: Consultant – Content Development
Reporting Line: Chief of Party, Bihar
No of Position: 1
Duration – Maximum 60 working days in 4 months starting from August,2023
We are working with the Bihar Rural Livelihood Promotion Society to provide technical assistance to JEEViKA – one of the largest community platforms globally of women Self Help Groups (SHGs). JTSP is the only such model operating at a scale where health and nutrition issues are seamlessly integrated into the platform of livelihoods and are bringing desired results by improving health and nutrition status of families and, thereby, reducing overall vulnerabilities of the family – which is a stated mandate of National Rural Livelihoods Mission in India.
PCI has been working closely with Govt. of Bihar for different community mobilisation program with JEEViKA and Dept. of Health. PCI is implementing a RECOVER-Bihar project with financial support from The David and Lucile Packard foundation through Swasti to strengthen the Routine Immunization program and improve the coverage in the rural population of Bihar, particularly among the most vulnerable Mahadalit Community. Currently this project is operational in Bhojpur and Nawada districts of Bihar.
PCI India has done extensive work in the field of Health and Nutrition and has moved the needle for several sticky indicators. In the process, a lot of learning and research has come to the fore. This invaluable knowledge and experience need to be catalogued and hosted in a way that is easy to access, is engaging and can be used by development practitioners, policymakers, academicians and others. A microsite can perform this task. We would like to have restructured content creation and additions to the HN microsite and the existing RECOVER 3 Bihar microsite.
Scope of Work for HN Content Development:
The selected Consultant is expected to work with PCI India to detail, develop and execute the following requirements:
• Curate materials (written + Audio-Visual (AV) content)
• Understand tangible/intangible project outcomes + learnings
• Produce content catered for web consumption
• Capture success stories and best practices to be shared
• Lay content specific emphasis on learnings with justifying evidences
• Develop stories from available raw data
• Repurposing the Content as required
Scope of Work for RECOVER 3 Content Development:
The selected vendor is expected to work with PCI India to detail, develop and execute the following requirements:
• Curate the audio-visual + written content
• Extract learnings via secondary research + interviews
• Write content for the RECOVER-3 playbook towards strengthening its RI in Bhojpur & Nawada
• Be consistent in covering all the process, activities, baseline and endline findings
• Develop content from ground stories, success stories and learnings
• Develop stories from available raw data
• Lay content specific emphasis on Best Practices to be captured and shared
• Develop new content and additions to the existing RECOVER Website
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of feature requirements but a guide to the Consultant on what kind of site features PCI India will need on the microsite.
Note: Examples (links in public domain) related to at least 3 previous works which are like the current assignment should be submitted along with CV.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Mass Communication, or related field. Master’s degree in similar field would be an advantage
Skills and Experience:
• Professional experience working as a Content Developer, Content Strategist, Content Creator, or a similar position.
• Experience related to similar work of content curation and development for websites related to public health, development work, and for non-profit sector.
• Flair for writing in English and conversant with ideas and expressions related to public health, and ability to efficiently curate large volumes of work and synthesize it into sharp, accurate and lucid summaries
Interested Candidates can apply for the position of Consultant Content Development by 2nd August
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.