Position: Consultant – Capacity Building (Health, Nutrition & Sanitation)
Reporting Line: State Manager – Capacity Building
Duration – 4 months (Starting from September 2022)
Location: Patna, Bihar
About the Project -– JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP):
The JEEViKA Technical Support Program (JTSP) is a flagship program of Project Concern International (PCI) in Bihar, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. In its earlier phase between 2015 to 2021, JTSP has successfully supported in the demonstration, layering and integration of health and nutrition, into the operational framework of JEEViKA (the Bihar Rural Livelihoods Society). JTSP has supported JEEViKA to deliver a range of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health and nutrition outcomes, through an at scale social behaviour change package and has enabled JEEViKA’s transformation into a model State Rural Livelihoods Mission, which embraces Health and Nutrition into its overall mandate. The next phase of this work, called JTSP II, is planned for the period between 2021 and 2024 and seeks to transition skills and capabilities to JEEViKA to drive HN strategies through its systems and network of community-based organizations.
- To build capacity of project staffs, SRPs, DRPs, CNRPs, community Organizations for the HNS related intervention.
- Coordinate between state and district team for timely conducting BCC training programs related to HNS.
The State consultant will work with Bihar Rural Livelihoods Promotion Society (BRLPS) under the direct supervision of State Project Manager-Health, Nutrition and Sanitation. S/He will provide support in 534 blocks across 38 districts of Bihar including 300 BTDP blocks.
Scope of work
Consultant will be responsible for smooth execution of HNS-BCC capacity building trainings of SRPs, DRPs, MRPs, staffs, cadres etc.
A. Training of SRP/DRP/CRP/MRP/CNRP/CM
- Prepare training plans and devise mechanism for monitoring of trainings.
- Impart HNS-BCC training for capacity building of Staffs /SRPs/DRPs/MRPs/CNRPs/CMs on regular basis.
B. Provide support to SRPs and DRPs
- S/he will be coordinate with districts team and SRPs/DRPs regarding training.
- S/he will be responsible for the deployment of SRPs/DRPs as per the demand of districts.
- S/he will be coordinate with districts regarding timely payment of SRPs/DRPs from concern districts or State.
- Facilitation support for selection of MRPs and ensure required Capacity Building training support to MRPs.
- Set up regular review mechanism for MRPs.
D. Follow Up:
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of training and capacity building initiatives in State/ Districts.
- Undertake periodic field visits to districts/blocks to review the quality of on-going trainings, identify challenges and support States/districts for overcoming these challenges.
- Undertake other assignments, which may be assigned from time to time by the Reporting Authority.
Qualification and Experience:
- PG degree in Rural Development/Social Work/Master from any discipline from reputed institution.
- Knowledge of MS-Office.
- Any further qualification pertaining to health and nutrition/population studies/community nutrition
- Minimum 6 years of experience with women groups, maternal and child nutrition and understanding of different kinds of programs related to health and nutrition.
- Proven record in setting up programs/projects with CBO’s
- Demonstrable technical writing and analytical skills.
- Working experience of State Rural Livelihoods Mission (SRLM) will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates can apply for the position of Consultant – Capacity Building (Health, Nutrition & Sanitation) by 27th August,2022,5:00 pm.
PCI India is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability and/or marital status. Due to the heavy inflow of resumes, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply